Match Thread Fleetwood Town v Everton, Wednesday 23rd September, 7.45pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...I’m an old man but I‘m excited, I think Nkounkou is terrific.

Shades of Roberto Carlos?

kean needs an attitude like nkounkou

None of us know what his attitude is like?

Looks serious and focused to me...but who knows?

....just imagine if we had that dimension to our play on the right side. I know I keep going on about the need for power, pace and athleticism along our back line but Nkounkou provides so much.

Thoughts on Kenny / Coleman compared with Digne / Nkounkou eggs?

Think we need a starting right back?

Just lovely not to have to suffer Marco Silva in tears in the post match interviews :coffee:

A great set up we have here with now......trick now will be to keep the players from prying hands, and not sell off if Man utd. or Chelski demand it..

Nkounkou looks a real star in the making to me. Job done with a bit of panache in the first half. Pickford did his best for Fleetwood in the second but it was always an uphill struggle and we seldom moved out of first gear. Good to score five - two in a row. Kean hardly look overjoyed when he scored the fifth, still looked to be wearing his 'frown face' after only starting on the bench.

Voted Pickford for a laugh :D

Once again spoilt for choice, so I went for Iwobi though it could have been just about anyone apart from Pickford even if he did redeem himself with a good save at 3-2. The guy had absolutely nothing to do for 48 minutes and then gifts them a goal, then minutes later fails to boss his area and lets them score a second. Anyway a comfortable win (as it should have been) with some very good performances across the team.

Yay great we’ve scored 10 in two games.

however let go of you Richards for a moment, we’ve shipped four goals and to Fleetwood and West Brom too. That’s just not good enough.
2 of them were howlers from he who must not be named. One was a defensive error through Mina. I think we have looked good at the back, 12 months ago we were shipping goals at every set piece. Massive improvement defensively this season imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.