Old Everton Pictures

Everton's Jimmy Gabriel thunders a header to score away at Bolton in 1962 - My first away game aged 7 years old at Burden Park my late father holding me on a crash barrier in the paddock up near the massive away support from Blues fans - we went in a Ford transit Van it was like a scene out of the GV play sat on crates my fathers friend driving at least 8 of us mainly miners with my older brother & Billy Bingham scored the other goal - it was a blur - my mental note was our away support - the adulation of the GV - plus the experience I will treasure......& went on to visit many away grounds as I grew up - nothing changed our away support was brilliant -
View attachment 101965

That has always been top deck.

Yes and Moggsy the safety valve plus he was a great crosser of the ball plus our hardman of the team plus ten years service......for £10,000 also the satisfaction we nickedhim from over the park lol

Only went to Anfield once - for a derby, was in ARE. It was packed out in blue. Moggsy ran the show and turned Smith inside out. WE won and Fred was great plus all the others.

Only went to Anfield once - for a derby, was in ARE. It was packed out in blue. Moggsy ran the show and turned Smith inside out. WE won and Fred was great plus all the others.
I went twice in the Kop - a memorable 2-0 win in our 1970 Championship run in where we played them off the park - the in 1971 2-0 up again playing them off the park then a collapse got beat 3-2 in the last 15 minutes sob - doh ....
I decided too that was it visiting the pit .'..

I'm trying to figure out when the cushions were removed?

Late 70s, early 80s?
Deffo on in the 1980s as HK in his first poor spell they rained down in one game that 0-0 draw lowly attended on the TV ....my we were poor, but ironically that team most of it went on to glory .......fickle how football could be back then .....but the cushion s were used mostly against refs a bad defeat in any era thrown at the dugout area mainly - it sent a message in those days hire cushions .....I never ever hired one by the way lol

Deffo on in the 1980s as HK in his first poor spell they rained down in one game that 0-0 draw lowly attended on the TV ....my we were poor, but ironically that team most of it went on to glory .......fickle how football could be back then .....but the cushion s were used mostly against refs a bad defeat in any era thrown at the dugout area mainly - it sent a message in those days hire cushions .....I never ever hired one by the way lol
Yeah I started going in late 70s and vaguely remember them. But i can't remember any being thrown 84/85.

If I recall correctly, were some used in that infamous Leeds game.