Old Everton Pictures

1600856662850.jpeg

Three of the top top players in their respective positions seen only two of them obviously - read a hell of a lot about Dixie dean - he was a pure athlete for his era & his record speaks for itselfBig Nev - Dixie & Bally who was the best box to box midfielder have ever seen in a blue shirt, also a World cup winner in 1966 would have been MOTM only for Hurst's hat trick -
1600858733936.png

Everton's Jimmy Gabriel thunders a header to score away at Bolton in 1962 - My first away game aged 7 years old at Burden Park my late father holding me on a crash barrier in the paddock up near the massive away support from Blues fans - we went in a Ford transit Van it was like a scene out of the GV play sat on crates my fathers friend driving at least 8 of us mainly miners with my older brother & Billy Bingham scored the other goal - it was a blur - my mental note was our away support - the adulation of the GV - plus the experience I will treasure......& went on to visit many away grounds as I grew up - nothing changed our away support was brilliant -
1600859231332.png

Three of the top top players in their respective positions seen only two of them obviously - read a hell of a lot about Dixie dean - he was a pure athlete for his era & his record speaks for itselfBig Nev - Dixie & Bally who was the best box to box midfielder have ever seen in a blue shirt, also a World cup winner in 1966 would have been MOTM only for Hurst's hat trick -
View attachment 101964

My Father seen all 3.;)