stones and barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both quality players, who would improve our squad.

If Carlo fancied either/both & thought they had the character to knuckle down & get back to their best & could get them at the right price/contract, then I’m in.

We already give the ball away like its the property of the opposition. Why would you add barkley who still does it on a regular basis.

Neither player has kicked on to reach what they could have been. I'd have them back on a free for squad depth but they'd cost actual money, so it's a hard no.

And I say that as a general fan of Barkley in particular.

Shamne Duffy? I think he would be a decent and affordable back up centre back.
I do like the concept of home grown players in the team for continuity and then a continual flow potential world class signings coming and that are potentially sold on for profit.
Man Utd at their peak had players like Butt, O’Shea, fletcher, Wes brown, Welbeck, who were not at the standard Of those around them but knitted the fabric of the club together.

All of whom were sold long before their playing days were over.

Buy players better than the first team and turn the current lot into back-ups. No point having sub-standard back-ups to already sub-standard starters.

I would take stones on loan as 4th choice CB. Barkley I wouldn't take, our midfield is packed, we need about 4 central midfielders out of we can and then a RW in. If we get a RW then James, Alan and Doucoure will be our starting central 3, Gomes, Gbamin, sigurdsson, Delph, Davies will be the back ups, maybe 2 of them will go before the window shuts with the likes of Besic and Beningami

Some chatter in the press now about Stones being fourth choice and off form at City. Motivated, he could be good. Carlo could do that. If he fancied him it could be viable. He might be cheap.
He’s been ‘off form’ since they signed him , some would argue he was ‘off form’ before they signed him......forgive me I was going to write a detailed analysis but I’m suddenly dying for an ‘off form ‘ myself!

I would take stones on loan as 4th choice CB. Barkley I wouldn't take, our midfield is packed, we need about 4 central midfielders out of we can and then a RW in. If we get a RW then James, Alan and Doucoure will be our starting central 3, Gomes, Gbamin, sigurdsson, Delph, Davies will be the back ups, maybe 2 of them will go before the window shuts with the likes of Besic and Beningami

That is a very bold statement.

Both these lads had their time with us and then took 'the grass is greener' option with their careers. I'm not sure trying to bring either back to Everton would be a good idea, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.