New Everton Stadium Discussion

This is happening. Once PP is achieved, the project contractors and program teams (and probably the finances in the background) have all been prepped and are good to go. The pace of delivering the build, once started, I would argue is more questionable.
If COVID endures and there are delays or issues with any vaccine then we will likely see further lockdowns perhaps every 3-4 months. Resulting build stoppages will be beyond our control.
This will be a good news story that will have its own momentum behind it and will happen.

Once PP is granted there will be " spades in the ground" straight away.
I suggest you do a little research as to the timescale and very recently the appointment of various parties employed in the construction before you jump to your conclusions.

We'll see - hope you are right & kudos for the optimism! I can assure you I'm fully aware of appointments and timescales, I just think it is inevitable they end up getting pushed back

We'll see - hope you are right & kudos for the optimism! I can assure you I'm fully aware of appointments and timescales, I just think it is inevitable they end up getting pushed back
This is a huge project on every level , the financial & social gain through business & employment is what steers this.
Not sure what you base your opinion on as everything is on track ( and been on track all through this ) apart from the Heritage people doing what they do to justify themselves.
There is not one jot of evidence to suggest otherwise.

I've just been trolled so hard by my phone... using the new Widgets on iPhone, I have the Apple News one set up to show a couple of Everton related headlines. Because space is limited, they sometimes get shortened.

Echo (shortened) headline: "Major blow for Everton fans as Government scrap plans for Stadium"

Full headline: ".... return for Supporters"

This is happening. Once PP is achieved, the project contractors and program teams (and probably the finances in the background) have all been prepped and are good to go. The pace of delivering the build, once started, I would argue is more questionable.
If COVID endures and there are delays or issues with any vaccine then we will likely see further lockdowns perhaps every 3-4 months. Resulting build stoppages will be beyond our control.
This will be a good news story that will have its own momentum behind it and will happen.
Unless we go into a full lockdown like in March/April, building works won't get stopped - they're not even closing the pubs ffs.

This is a huge project on every level , the financial & social gain through business & employment is what steers this.
Not sure what you base your opinion on as everything is on track ( and been on track all through this ) apart from the Heritage people doing what they do to justify themselves.
There is not one jot of evidence to suggest otherwise.

I understand everything is on track and you are right it's a massive project for the club, the fans & socially and economically for the city, but the scale of the project in these times is exactly what makes it complicated.

No clubs in the land have a true understanding of when Covid is going to be over, when (if) fans will be able to come back into stadiums and even if the appetite is there for fans to come back to stadiums. That is before you consider the contraction of the football economy, decreasing sponsorship, TV revenues and other incomes.

Right now, if got planning permission next week, there isn't a chance of stadium development happening immediately & you would argue the same for a theatre, a luxury Cruise ship or anything other industry so deeply effected.

But, Football is an industry often ruled by the heart not the balance sheet & that definatly goes in our favour, but if I was to bet; as soon is planning is granted there will be a delay to understand the landscape during & post covid.

I understand everything is on track and you are right it's a massive project for the club, the fans & socially and economically for the city, but the scale of the project in these times is exactly what makes it complicated.

No clubs in the land have a true understanding of when Covid is going to be over, when (if) fans will be able to come back into stadiums and even if the appetite is there for fans to come back to stadiums. That is before you consider the contraction of the football economy, decreasing sponsorship, TV revenues and other incomes.

Right now, if got planning permission next week, there isn't a chance of stadium development happening immediately & you would argue the same for a theatre, a luxury Cruise ship or anything other industry so deeply effected.

But, Football is an industry often ruled by the heart not the balance sheet & that definatly goes in our favour, but if I was to bet; as soon is planning is granted there will be a delay to understand the landscape during & post covid.
Well we'll see.
That of course is your opinion.

This is about more than football. This is about revitalising a depressed area which needs the jobs, the investment, it is the catalyst to rejuvenate north central Liverpool. This is what the government has to think of not some flipping Victorian dock wall, arguably it dare not back heel this project.

I've just been trolled so hard by my phone... using the new Widgets on iPhone, I have the Apple News one set up to show a couple of Everton related headlines. Because space is limited, they sometimes get shortened.

Echo (shortened) headline: "Major blow for Everton fans as Government scrap plans for Stadium"

Full headline: ".... return for Supporters"

No way that was not intended by the arsewipes at the echo.

If I remember correctly the build timeline began with a lengthy period of dock drainage, study/repair then protecting before any proper building work would begin. Something like 9-12 months I think.
I don't know the costs to this area of the build & I also don't know if other areas of the build would start at the same time but if the dock protection work was being done before anything else & at not a massively huge cost I would imagine we could use it as a buffer to make a decision on whether to keep building or pause once the dock is protected.
Prep work done for when the proper bit of the build can start. The stadium subject to planning will be on this site eventually so doing the prep work seems doable to me & keeps us more on track without overcommitting during a pandemic.