Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomes doesn't play in the position Zaha does....we've finally found a balanced team formation with the right players for each position...fitting Zaha into the team just because we have him would repeat the mistakes made by Koeman
I get what you say but there is always room for good players. It gets everyone on their toes wanting to play well and competition for places. We haven't had that so now we keep to keep adding quality

Last season Zaha wanted to leave and his first choice was Arsenal , I think that is generally accepted.
Arsenal could not match the asking price and we then came in with a bid which was rejected.
SKY sports then reported that we came in with a second bid this time involving James McCarthy and Tosun , but this was flatly denied by Everton and nothing further came of the Zaha deal and we signed Iwobi instead.

The fact that both McCarthy and Tosun did go to Palace afterwards convinces me that SKY were right and that we spoke to Palace informally about a swap deal but never formally made an offer.

At the time Zaha was very frustrated and upset about having to remain at Palace and I wonder what promises were made to get him back on side and back playing without sulking.

In these circumstances you almost always see the player move on the following year and I think this will happen and probably for a fee that was agreed between Palace and Zaha last summer.

This is a comment on the Zaha situation and it may have no relevance to Everton whatsoever.

He drifts there anyway if you look at his goal against West Brom he was where a number 10 would be normally
yeah I'm aware but with 4-3-3 it's a bit different. we need two proper wingers to have an attacking midfield. Carlo knows that, maybe thats why he wants Zaha.

From Palace forum

Yesterday, 11:51 AM
Stavros 69's AvatarStavros 69

Danger Zone
Stavros 69 Sam the man is here

If Sancho is worth £100m and far from the finished article then getting Wilf for £70m is nothing. He’s ready made and has 4 years min at the top level, prob far longer.

From Palace forum

Yesterday, 11:51 AM
Stavros 69's Avatar's AvatarStavros 69

Danger Zone
If Sancho is worth £100m and far from the finished article then getting Wilf for £70m is nothing. He’s ready made and has 4 years min at the top level, prob far longer.

Crack head.

Status
Not open for further replies.