Match Thread Fleetwood Town v Everton, Wednesday 23rd September, 7.45pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think we, as a club with barely any central defenders, should switch to a formation that requires more central defenders than normal, and shove makeshift players into it? o_O
I mean it's Fleetwood town mate. From what I've see from Nkounkou he doesn't look too phased by oppo attackers full stop and Kenny has just spend a year at Schalke, so if he can't handle a league two outfit playing closer to Michael Keane then we have a big issue.

I mean it's Fleetwood town mate. From what I've see from Nkounkou he doesn't look too phased by oppo attackers full stop and Kenny has just spend a year at Schalke, so if he can't handle a league two outfit playing closer to Michael Keane then we have a big issue.

We still have Mina, Keane, Gibson for now at CB. Coleman/Digne can drop in. No real worries for Wednesday.

I’m disappointed so many fleetwood Mac ‘fans’ keep posting pictures from after they went pony.

anyway, 2-0. Bit of a laboured victory but a valuable clean sheet.

Well, you know what they say, opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one... to blow some charlie up (allegedly lol) .

I'd like to see a bit of a stronger side this round, we wanna have a real crack at the competition yeah, but need to keep the momentum going. Be tempted to start DCL, try and kill it early with no muckin' about.

There is certainly a much more positive feel from fans this season. Carlo is so different from his predecessors. Takes things very calmly but always spot on with his assessemnts. I really liked when he said formation is not important, the players know what to do. My hope and my guess is one or two more of the first 11 on Wednesday to be sure of a win than against Salford. Always hard to predict against league clubs as they have everyting to gain and nothing to lose.

A tight game and a 2-1 Everton win

I would play a slightly stronger team. Something like this....

Pickford
Kenny Keane Mina Nkounkou
Sigurdsson Doucoure
Kean Bernard Gordon
DCL

Playing both first choice CBs makes me a bit nervous but not sure we could risk starting Gibson. Can't see us starting DCL though. Give Kean one more crack and put Walcott RW.

Hopefully Nkounkou and Gordon are on fire again and give Kean something to feed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.