Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
in what paralelo universo?

he is a mile behind Holgate and Keane. And the big kid is going to be way better.

yesterday he managed to send a suicide pass to Pickfoed after 3 minutes, he backed off for 60 metros for the first goal and showed repeated diré decisión making in the first half.

When he has time to think, he is done for.
He had a bad game. Gabriel did at Arsenal too but everybody is still cryarsing over him. Our defence will be in the top 5/6 this season and he will play a big part and will also score goals. He's a good player and will improve under Carlo.

Get back to me at the end of the season not after 1 poor game

He had a bad game. Gabriel did at Arsenal too but everybody is still cryarsing over him. Our defence will be in the top 5/6 this season and he will play a big part and will also score goals. He's a good player and will improve under Carlo.

Get back to me at the end of the season not after 1 poor game
He only had to get the basics right on Saturday and couldn't do that. Have a look how he turns away from the shot for the 1st goal and cowered away for the 2nd.top centre half's put their bodies on the line. Its basics.

With 1 up front it means DCL spends more time in the box
DCL has said that is where Carlo wants him and so far its paying off
Carlo will play the system that suits the players he has
If you have a choice of James or ZAHA you pick James and play the system that suits

Yes, mate. Carlo certainly knows what he is doing and it is very reassuring to have him at the helm.

With regards to playing systems and who he has, a couple of weeks back James was not an Everton player. It will be interesting to see the Everton squad in another two weeks as we may well get more surprises - fingers crossed.

Kristopher Ajer at Celtic apparently wants a move, Milan couldn't afford the €15m fee, i think this would be a good bit of Business for us, only 22. Good height and a good enough turn of pace.Fee is low enough too.

I was just trying to say that James is a lot better in the middle and having the 2 up top with Richarlison and DCL, they seemed to really get the best of each other last year when we played a 4-4-2. We now actually have a midfield so we could cut down one there to accomodate James in the middle up top.
No width at the moment
We were caught out for the first goal because Allan was too high up ,James did not track back ,Coleman could not get back and Mina backed off
We would need a RB with serious pace to play that formation

No width at the moment
We were caught out for the first goal because Allan was too high up ,James did not track back ,Coleman could not get back and Mina backed off
We would need a RB with serious pace to play that formation

and @riddick

Tbf, James is getting that freedom to be so good because he's playing wide right with the licence to roam.

If he starts central, which is obviously also an option, then we need our wingers to be making really clever runs to open up the space for him or he is going to be forced wide. Now, that might not be a bad thing all the time, given he can deliver such a good ball, but because of a lack of pace it limits what he can do - he can't skin a man or two for pace, especially quicker full-backs.

Start him wide, and he can drift infield. That means the full-back has to track, opening up space for the RB (which is why if it is possible to shift Kenny then a full-back with real pace to get up and down is key), or if the full-back doesn't track then he has the ability to find space in the middle and open up space for the strikers.

It's why getting a wide player who can be a consistent goal threat would improve us so much. Gives us really good options and different ways of building attacks.

I think that's where he sees himself. I'm sure I've read somewhere that he said he wanted to be CF for Brazil regularly. Plus we wouldn't be losing anything from the wing as we would have Perisic who is outstanding there. And DCL would always be around for options - ideal.
Ricarlison wants to be CF at Brazil because he knows Neymar is a nailed on starter on the left
Its now his preferred position
We could buy a LW and go 4-4-2 but it would mean buying a top quality RB with real pace who can attack and defend to make up for James not tracking back

They signed him for £4mil in Jan from Chelsea. Theyve turned down leeds bids for their centre back ben white.

This boys value will be really really high.

Funny thing is you could say the exact same thing about Michael Keane. Neither he nor Mina have any pace and cant play together (which has been obvious since day 1).

There has to be a quick player alongside one of them. Mina is 2 years younger than Keane but Keane seems to be a favourite on here as hes English or shy or can only play in a very deep defence...who knows.

The issue is that we now have Keane + Mina + Branthwaite who are all big lads and need to bring in another fast defender to compete with Holgate.

One of Keane + Mina has to go but i guess that will be next summer when we spend funds on defence.

Buyouts legally have to be included in the spanish player contracts. Barca made a mistake not increasing it as the market rose.

Im pretty confused at what point youre trying to make here as that just shows the buyout as the mjnimum fee and not what barca wanted to sell at. Neymar went for X amount years ago and Mbappe went for Y amount 2 years ago...the market has increased since then and both have changed as players.

You asked me what teams Richarljson would get into, its the top 3 spanish sides. He'd have to be valued at £120-150mil because of the players hes pushing out.

We may value him at more / less.
Holgate being out has caused a problem. But I think you'll find against the top teams we'll probably defend fairly deep anyway so it isn't an issue. Against the rest, not everybody has a speedster up top like the Baggies and for those that do we'll probably bet on ourselves to score more than them. Palace is one such game and I reckon Coleman will be told to restrict his forward runs and Allan will be on hand to double up

Reckon Holgate will be back in November anyway.

Yes, mate. Carlo certainly knows what he is doing and it is very reassuring to have him at the helm.

With regards to playing systems and who he has, a couple of weeks back James was not an Everton player. It will be interesting to see the Everton squad in another two weeks as we may well get more surprises - fingers crossed.
Exactly
We were all told Carlo only plays 4-4-2 when he joined
He has played every possible formation depending on the players available and the game demands
If we sign a RB and /or a winger ,either RW or LW then i expect to se the formations change
If Carlo has a choice between a good RW and a really good LW I am sure he will go for the LW and change the formation to suit
As he said good players can adapt

Status
Not open for further replies.