Match Thread Fleetwood Town v Everton, Wednesday 23rd September, 7.45pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton are as many levels above Fleetwood Town as Rumours is above any of the early Fleetwood Mac albums. Pop perfection

I am strangely confident we are going to see another decent goal haul for us
Lyndsay Buckingham was/is one hell of a muso...temperamental as AF but man can he play/write music. Of course Stevie Nicks was a pretty vital addition as well

I recently watched a doco series wherein Brian Johnson (lead singer ACDC) travels about and meets rock stars...Robert Plant, Billy Joel, Roger Daltry etc etc. His trip to Hawai'i (where Mick Fleetwood lives) was a particularly good episode.
Anyway, A comfortable victory for the new-look Everton...3-0

That midfield would get overun by a team who's bus broke down and they missed the kick off.
It would effectively be a midfield 5 with KEan alone up front. Sigurdsson and Iwobi when combined with Davies in the middle of the park are just totally lacking in defensive skills. Doucoure has to play to add some legs to what we all saw last season was an incredibly pedestrian midfield trio.
Just please no Delph.
Think Delph needs some minutes to be honest. If he's fit he's our back up for Allan really.

Everton are as many levels above Fleetwood Town as Rumours is above any of the early Fleetwood Mac albums. Pop perfection

I am strangely confident we are going to see another decent goal haul for us
Deary me, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac is far superior to any of that country rock middle of the road tripe served up by Buckingham/Nicks. They sold a lot more records but so did 1D.

Anyway, 2 - 0 bloos.

Don’t want Mina and Keane near this but I’m afraid it can’t be helped unless someone plays out of position.

Loan for Tomori is not coming off imo since Chelsea’s defense is a shambles, so I’m scared of going down to one (or zero) healthy CBs with an injury here.

Help? Brands? Anyone?

Don’t want Mina and Keane near this but I’m afraid it can’t be helped unless someone plays out of position.

Loan for Tomori is not coming off imo since Chelsea’s defense is a shambles, so I’m scared of going down to one (or zero) healthy CBs with an injury here.

Help? Brands? Anyone?

If we're really desperate to rest Mina / Keane, Mo Besic could be an option as an emergency CB. Him and Joey Barton on the same football ground would be fun to watch

Can't believe anyone who watched us on Saturday can predict a clean sheet. Barton will attempt to stub a cigar out on our League Cup ambitions. Nervy win by one goal or pens. We've changed, but not that much...;)

Can't believe anyone who watched us on Saturday can predict a clean sheet. Barton will attempt to stub a cigar out on our League Cup ambitions. Nervy win by one goal or pens. We've changed, but not that much...;)
Agreed if we played our new midfield we would stomp all over them but our midfield of last season will not dominate them, has everybody forgotten just how poor we were last season? I'm always keen on winning the game then taking off our "stars" rather than hope our hopeless midfield of last season can get the job done. We need quite simply to win a trophy and we have been handed a relatively stress free path to the quarter finals of this one please lets make sure we take that chance.

Virginia

Kenny - Keane - Nkounkou

Doucoure
- Davies
Bolasie
---------------------- Gordon
Sigurdsson

Walcott - Kean

Could badly backfire this like ha lol but at least it 'solves' the CB issue - just means the midfield 4/5 will need to drop and help the back three a bit more when we're out of possession. Could always have the likes of Delph & Besic on the bench for another option or two in midfield with Iwobi & Bernard for the attack.

Virginia

Kenny - Keane - Nkounkou

Doucoure
- Davies
Bolasie
---------------------- Gordon
Sigurdsson

Walcott - Kean

Could badly backfire this like ha lol but at least it 'solves' the CB issue - just means the midfield 4/5 will need to drop and help the back three a bit more when we're out of possession. Could always have the likes of Delph & Besic on the bench for another option or two in midfield with Iwobi & Bernard for the attack.

So you think we, as a club with barely any central defenders, should switch to a formation that requires more central defenders than normal, and shove makeshift players into it? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.