Match Thread Fleetwood Town v Everton, Wednesday 23rd September, 7.45pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping we settle down and get into our stride right from the off; the players we have available are more than capable of winning this one quite comfortably, just need to not get complacent.

Fleetwood Town 0 Everton 4

Fleet v Ever.png

Hoping we settle down and get into our stride right from the off; the players we have available are more than capable of winning this one quite comfortably, just need to not get complacent.

Fleetwood Town 0 Everton 4

View attachment 101761

My concern with that team is the zero pace in the centre and any player that strolls through is right in on our less than pacy centrebacks.

Would never start siggy and Davies in cm together ever again to he honest, zero pace and both do the same job ( nothing ) Fleetwood or not I'd have Allan or doucoure as a partner for one of them.

About time we stopped fannying around in the cups and just take it seriously and get as far as we can init.

Think we've got good enough options in other positions to rotate but deffo not cm

Real opportunity for us this year in this competition, can't see any of the "big" sides taking this serious until they maybe make the final, don't cock it up again Blues!!

Suppose we have to play Keane and Mina again right? Don’t really see any other CB options. Not great in terms of rotation and minutes on their legs but hopefully it’s less effort on the CBs if we control the game and have the ball.

Fleetwood are a side knocking on the door of the championship this season.
Barton is desperate to leave his mark on us.
Tricky fixture this.

I’m disappointed so many fleetwood Mac ‘fans’ keep posting pictures from after they went pony.

anyway, 2-0. Bit of a laboured victory but a valuable clean sheet.

Virginia
Kenny Mina Keane Nkounkou
Davies Sigurdsson Iwobi
Walcott Kean Gordon
I expect that with Doucoure + Allan on into the midfield.
That midfield would get overun by a team who's bus broke down and they missed the kick off.
It would effectively be a midfield 5 with KEan alone up front. Sigurdsson and Iwobi when combined with Davies in the middle of the park are just totally lacking in defensive skills. Doucoure has to play to add some legs to what we all saw last season was an incredibly pedestrian midfield trio.
Just please no Delph.

Status
Not open for further replies.