2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Penalties specifically. Digne can whip in a masterclass free kick too and it’s good to have a bit of variety on those, but all about James on pens. Keep him happy and get that goal tally up
Digne needs to pipe down and focus on his open play delivery and defending. James should be taking everything outside of goal kicks(he can have them too if he wants) Not only cause he's great at them(Digne is too) but because it's important for James to know this team is built around him. He's a player that loves responsibility. I was disappointed when Digne took that free kick.

Digne needs to pipe down and focus on his open play delivery and defending. James should be taking everything outside of goal kicks(he can have them too if he wants) Not only cause he's great at them(Digne is too) but because it's important for James to know this team is built around him. He's a player that loves responsibility. I was disappointed when Digne took that free kick.
I get your point mate but digne is class on FKs as well and having them both standing over it/alternating gives the defense and keeper more to think about it

I get the shouts for him to play in the central 10 role and honestly at times today I don't think the 4-3-3 worked in terms of our midfield 3 - Gomes and Doucoure were almost too wide because we had so much of the ball. It's something we'll have to work on.

But, playing James wide gives him that freedom to cut in and do what he did for the goal. If he starts central, that means he's drifting wide when he moves. If he starts wide, he's drifting infield and that gives him more freedom or, if the full-back follows him, opens up space on the wing.

As much as I love Kanchelskis (and I do - he’s one of my 3 favourite Everton players in my memory), I don’t think he was of the level of sheer quality and ability that Rodriguez is. Nowhere near the same standing in the world game either.

Kanchelskis was the best RW in the world when we signed him imo. He was my favourite player before we signed him, the only time in my life that Everton has signed my favourite player in the world .

Dangerous precedence to set, Digne is a top player with his own ego (in a good way). He knows James ability and isn't arrogant to believe he should be the only one taking FKs.

Regarding that FK, didn't it take a slight deflection? Was close to scoring it.

He's an outrageous footballer. Folks, he's just different gravy. Let's break down his actions in the game.

He had a corner that he put on someone's forehead who should've scored.

He then receives the ball on the edge of the box, he's quickly closed down, so he fake shoots and plays Coleman in for a cross.

He scores a pearler of a goal, making it look ridiculously easy.

He squeezes in a pass that is so good the receiver of the pass doesn't even expect it to go through and thus makes mess of the control.

He scoops richarlison in for the a simply tap cross across goal.

He manipuled the ball under pressure on the edge of the box and earned us a dangerous free kick.

Delivers a beautiful corner for a goal that's so good it doesn't get pointed out because it happens with frightening regularity.

That's not mentioning the regulation switches of play, almost passes like that one from the left hand side that he wanted to pick DCL with, the exceptional corners, the control of the play Everytime he bothers to roam in midfield, cute slide passes, elite ball controls etc.

No one man should have so much power!
Mate, that doesn't even rhyme, what tune is it sung too?

I was beginning to question if I was being stupid with how much I was looking forward to watching him play today. Safe to say he delivered and I had nothing to fear! Amazing player.

Status
Not open for further replies.