Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we agreed we'd wait until after tomorrow to do the kicking off that the side isn't good enough?

I've made it clear all summer that I have my concerns but right now everything is pretty peachy so I've put those away for a bit and I'd encourage you to do the same. James will be playing for Everton again tomorrow.
Yep only 1 more sleep to HAMEZ Goodison debut. We've made 4 great signings already this summer more are clearly needed and more will come from Brands and CARLO ANCELLOTI. Just buckle up and enjoy. I haven't been this excited about Everton since the 80s.

Think perhaps you're being a bit harsh. Surely fair enough to say that, not only do we need to improve, but need to improve to a greater extent than the teams around us if we want to make progress? Think what we've signed will get us a step up, but if we want a leap, something more is required.

we gave everyone in the league a 15 game head start last season. We had played more games then had points when we got rid of Silva and up untill lockdown we had picked up the 3rd most points in the league from when anchelotti came in.

Now we've added real quality to the midfield and we're still looking to bring in a rb, rw and a cb wheather we do or not remains to be seen but we as a fan base should be looking up not down.

This negative above all else and no matter what attitude is what drags this football club down. If you as a evertonion aren't buzzing about this season, aren't excited about what can be in this new anchelotti era at the club. Then what's the point in even supporting everton or any team because you'll never get any happiness out of football.

If your opinion is I'll get excited when we win something or "do" something then go and support city or real Madrid or someone because your not supporting everton with that attitude.

*obviously when I say "you" or "your" I don't mean you specifically just people with that attitude in general :D

I thought we agreed we'd wait until after tomorrow to do the kicking off that the side isn't good enough?

I've made it clear all summer that I have my concerns but right now everything is pretty peachy so I've put those away for a bit and I'd encourage you to do the same. James will be playing for Everton again tomorrow.
I mean, it's still pretty clear the side still ISN'T good enough. 2 injuries to CM and we are absolutely in a massive world of hurt. With our physios that's not really beyond the realm of possibility.

Agresi is meant to be tier 1 for Juve.

wouldn't mind him leaving, we need a striker anyways. He hasn't been able to affect the game as a sub, I dont think anyone can argue that. So it would be nice to have someone behind DCL that also might challenge him.

Yes I believe juventus want him back but we aren't letting him leave unless there's someone lined up to come in

You know I've always wanted Kean to be a success with us , but looks like were going to have to let it go. Hasn't exactly set the world alight has he. If we sell we need a more experienced forward, to add to centre half and right back.

we gave everyone in the league a 15 game head start last season. We had played more games then had points when we got rid of Silva and up untill lockdown we had picked up the 3rd most points in the league from when anchelotti came in.

Now we've added real quality to the midfield and we're still looking to bring in a rb, rw and a cb wheather we do or not remains to be seen but we as a fan base should be looking up not down.

This negative above all else and no matter what attitude is what drags this football club down. If you as a evertonion aren't buzzing about this season, aren't excited about what can be in this new anchelotti era at the club. Then what's the point in even supporting everton or any team because you'll never get any happiness out of football.

If your opinion is I'll get excited when we win something or "do" something then go and support city or real Madrid or someone because your not supporting everton with that attitude.

*obviously when I say "you" or "your" I don't mean you specifically just people with that attitude in general :D
I think the negativity partly comes from the fact, good things don’t happen to Everton. Yes we’re all delighted with our signings, but already people are talking what happens if James it Allan gets injured. It is negative but understandable. We do have a lot to look forward to. One of the most decorated managers in world football is at the helm, our new stadium is on the horizon. We just need some fortune along the way. Injuries, VAR decisions, a debatable derby decision go in our favour. It would make such a difference. You only have to look how breaking our duck away to a top 6 side, has instilled so much confidence in the players.

Yes I believe juventus want him back but we aren't letting him leave unless there's someone lined up to come in
Possible we might sell for 5 mil more than we paid and then try to bring in that Maxi Gomez we've been linked with? I like Kean, and really want him to succeed, but right now he's just potential. Club might be looking for someone who is a little more proven.

I'd be happy with 6th place. Anything more would be brilliant. First 11 is excellent. We have a few decent squad players to supplement any injuries. We will get another CB in. But we need to get rid of 6 or 7 players. If we can get rid I could see us getting a RB in,. Emerson would be great and I think there is something in the Zaha links. If no one in we go all out next season and build the squad up and get another 3 classy players in. Then we could really be challenging for top four at least
I thought he was a midfielder? Shows how little I pay attention these days!

We need to sign some top, top players if we're to compete at the top end of the league.

We can't. Even if we wanted to. What we can do is build on this good form, the new players will help the old (obviously not besic/sandro etc) - Siggy, Bolasie, Bernard will have better players to play with and we might see the real players we thought we had. Much better than signing for the sake of it. Good team spirit now, spread throughout the team and we have some great new younger players coming through, a great squad now.

Who are you to tell people that?

Super bloo ^^^

Chill mate. It's not like he is having a go at you personally.
What he is saying is only his opinion , and in my view he is correct.
There is too much negativity on here , and it does become a little tiresome sometimes.
Still , each to their own.

We can't. Even if we wanted to. What we can do is build on this good form, the new players will help the old (obviously not besic/sandro etc) - Siggy, Bolasie, Bernard will have better players to play with and we might see the real players we thought we had. Much better than signing for the sake of it. Good team spirit now, spread throughout the team and we have some great new younger players coming through, a great squad now.

We've just signed James Rodriguez for £0. Two more of those and we will be right up there at the top end of the top of the league, if not actually on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.