Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its proper weird.

They can't wait for us to get beat so they can say "SEE I TOLD YOU".

Yeah a few of us are getting carried away, but how can you not feel excited with the signings we have made? Plus the performance on Sunday.

We haven't suddenly gone from 12th placed Everton to Walton Globetrotters, there will be bumps along the road, but this week has been a good time to be a blue and I'm gonna ride this feeling for as long as possible.

Why is it impossible to be both happy but also have your feet on the ground?

I was bouncing around the house when the final whistle was blown against Spurs - but it doesnt mean I cant say we still need x,y,z to keep progressing.

Problem is the squad is in a pretty delicate in some key positions right now and given its Everton not sure they should allow that risk to exist. The disgusting midfield has been sorted out but we still lack quality depth badly.

The risk of a long(ish) injury in a few positions could really hamper us.

Injury to Pickford. It's Lossl or Virginia.

Injury to Mina or Keane. Gibson has to come in or Pennington!

Injury to DCL or Richarlison. Are Bernard or Iwobi going to step up? Not likely.

Injury to Coleman or Digne. Niels put on a decent showing and JJK might be okay, but without experienced backup.

I was bouncing around the house when the final whistle was blown against Spurs - but it doesnt mean I cant say we still need x,y,z to keep progressing.
I thought we agreed we'd wait until after tomorrow to do the kicking off that the side isn't good enough?

I've made it clear all summer that I have my concerns but right now everything is pretty peachy so I've put those away for a bit and I'd encourage you to do the same. James will be playing for Everton again tomorrow.

Theres a fine line between striving for perfection and accepting your lot.

We are all guilty of straddling both lines.

Im an eternal optimist regarding Everton, dream till your dreams are shattered.

Ive said myself that we need players.

Theres a fine line between striving for perfection and accepting your lot.

We are all guilty of straddling both lines.

Im an eternal optimist regarding Everton, dream till your dreams are shattered.

Ive said myself that we need players.

I just get the feeling with our fans that we are happy with accepting our lot - look at Liverpool, won the Champions League and Premier League in the last two seasons - their fans could easily pull up a chair and light a cigar but they have been demanding signings all summer and the club have gone out and gotten Thiago & Jota

Thats exactly what I want from Everton - never accept anything as good enough and keep going to progress even if its the 3rd choice keeper. If we do that then we wont be going another 25 years without a trophy.

I just get the feeling with our fans that we are happy with accepting our lot - look at Liverpool, won the Champions League and Premier League in the last two seasons - their fans could easily pull up a chair and light a cigar but they have been demanding signings all summer and the club have gone out and gotten Thiago & Jota

Thats exactly what I want from Everton - never accept anything as good enough and keep going to progress even if its the 3rd choice keeper. If we do that then we wont be going another 25 years without a trophy.

Brands is trying hourly to improve the squad, that you can be sure of.

But I haven't seen a single person on here say we don't need a few players, nobody is accepting our lot.

There's arguments for and against. I want to improve the squad 100% and we urgently need a defender. But our business so far has been very good and there's clearly method.

We signed well and improved the team so another couple of good signings could really push us on

But its quite conceivable we cant afford any more signings because we cant shift the players who are surplus to requirements.

And you also don't want to panic buy at the end of the window like we've done in the past.

Let's just see what happens over the next 3 weeks. 3 points tomorrow will help in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.