Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are saying Juve want a loan we want a loan with a sale for a fixed sum I presume.

does anyone know on here, if we did a loan and agreed a 25mil fee to be paid next summer, could we use that this summer towards FFP if we wanted to?
He’d certainly need replacing that’s for sure. Add in the fact that hopefully Tosun will be fit enough to leave in January, it leaves us very short.

Well I find myself in the awkward position of agreeing with both you and me. While I don't know that we're gonna get any benefit from Delph and Gammers, I agree that we can finish 7/9 as we are, but if we want to be 5/7 then we need the extra signings of which you speak, ie improving further than our rivals do, which is what the original poster said, hence my view that criticism of his view was harsh.
With the proviso that, injury free, our existing squad could also get top 6.

Exactly so these ain’t good enough players will have to fill in for our good player.

That’s the point a few are making this squad as a whole ain’t getting Europe.
The way I see it is that Having Davies come in to replace Doucoure and playing alongside Allan and James, is not the same as him playing alongside Siggurdson and Wallcott.
The same for Siggurdson coming in to play alongside Doucoure and Allan. The overall quality of the team/squad has been raised a notch purely by the addition of 3 better players.
Add to that the influence of more time training under Ancelloti, increased confidence, and the admittedly not very good second string players at least playing at their best level (which most of them, most of the time, weren't doing under Koeman, Allardyce and Silva).
Obviously if several key starters are out injured we'll struggle. And yes, ideally we'll upgrade the backups aswell as the first team. However I truly believe that a) we will need another couple of windows to see Carlo's vision fulfilled. And b) we're not in as bad shape as you think.

Just signed Allan, Doucoure & James Rodriguez. Two easy wins on the bounce. People still in here pissing all over their sheets.

Its proper weird.

They can't wait for us to get beat so they can say "SEE I TOLD YOU".

Yeah a few of us are getting carried away, but how can you not feel excited with the signings we have made? Plus the performance on Sunday.

We haven't suddenly gone from 12th placed Everton to Walton Globetrotters, there will be bumps along the road, but this week has been a good time to be a blue and I'm gonna ride this feeling for as long as possible.

Its proper weird.

Yeah a few of us are getting carried away, but how can you not feel excited with the signings we have made? Plus the performance on Sunday.

We haven't suddenly gone from 12th placed Everton to Walton Globetrotters, there will be bumps along the road, but this week has been a good time to be a blue and I'm gonna ride this feeling for as long as possible.

some are never happy, me? I’m in cuckoo land as we’re on the up with carlo mate mark my words!

Its proper weird.

I dread to see the state of this thread, Marcel's and Dom's tomorrow night if WBA beat us.

I remember being seriously impressed by Jota in first half of last season. Think he'll be a good signing.

Ok so who in their front 3 is he a massive improvement of?

I think hes looked tidy. His record is ok too, 7-9 goals a season for a striker. Not bad, but not astounding either.

If it was 10m youd go, ok that could be a smart signing. It just seems big money to me. Same money as Salah/Mane were, who had much better records.

I'd be happy with 6th place. Anything more would be brilliant. First 11 is excellent. We have a few decent squad players to supplement any injuries. We will get another CB in. But we need to get rid of 6 or 7 players. If we can get rid I could see us getting a RB in,. Emerson would be great and I think there is something in the Zaha links. If no one in we go all out next season and build the squad up and get another 3 classy players in. Then we could really be challenging for top four at least

Ok so who in their front 3 is he a massive improvement of?

I think hes looked tidy. His record is ok too, 7-9 goals a season for a striker. Not bad, but not astounding either.

If it was 10m youd go, ok that could be a smart signing. It just seems big money to me. Same money as Salah/Mane were, who had much better records.
Wonder if Salad might be off to Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.