Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HODGSON 'SURPRISED' NO ZAHA INTEREST

Crystal Palace
manager Roy Hodgson has admitted he is surprised there has not been any interest from a Champions League club in winger Wilfried Zaha in this transfer window.

He said: "As far as I'm concerned, I'm always pleased when no one comes in for him but I'm also surprised as I rate him very highly. He has such ability and is such a match-winner that one can never be certain that it's not going to happen.

"I enjoy every game he plays and every moment that I work with him, and I hope it'll continue for a long time. But at the same time, I am a bit surprised that we've not been inundated with offers because I think he has that level of ability."

Surely we need a right winger, not left. Not sure what we can achieve with Zaha.

James will be playing on the right surely? I think we need a left-sided player, ideally who can play on both sides. Bernard and Iwobi are pretty poor in that position/generally and Gordon is for back-up at best this season.

Zaha would be primarily left sided, but can be very good on the right as well. He can also offer striker cover as well.

Crystal Palace
manager Roy Hodgson has admitted he is surprised there has not been any interest from a Champions League club in winger Wilfried Zaha in this transfer window.

He said: "As far as I'm concerned, I'm always pleased when no one comes in for him but I'm also surprised as I rate him very highly. He has such ability and is such a match-winner that one can never be certain that it's not going to happen.

"I enjoy every game he plays and every moment that I work with him, and I hope it'll continue for a long time. But at the same time, I am a bit surprised that we've not been inundated with offers because I think he has that level of ability."

If he genuinely only wants one of the CL clubs in England then it's no surprise really there's no interest. These teams can sign better players for lower fees from overseas leagues.

Crystal Palace

i know Palace fans get protective whenever it's suggested he's leaving or that he wants out (we've been there and we can be the same) but holy crap Woy may as well just say "please someone bid for him"

Crystal Palace

No interest from a CL club is the point here. It doesn't matter that they would receive an acceptable bid from a club outside the CL, there has to be this silly game played first where they have to justify any transfer to their own supporters and seemingly that's easier if he joins the RS or Chelsea above Everton. I can see the PR spin behind it, but Zaha can only join a club that wants to sign him, and that matches his valuation, not saying that's us.

I'm surprised James hadn't attracted interest from a CL club myself but what do I know.

It shocks me how many people don't want him. I mean he is miles better than any other wide men we have.

Judging by this and the thiago shouts I'm certain 75% of this forum don't watch football outside if Everton

Def. In this side Zaha could run a muck.
Give the ball to him when nothings on, then its back on
Hames to Zaha against Spurs with Richarlison free to make runs and finish and its more than 1-0.

The question is whether there's better value elsewhere.

i know Palace fans get protective whenever it's suggested he's leaving or that he wants out (we've been there and we can be the same) but holy crap Woy may as well just say "please someone bid for him"
I think they need to sell a player for a big fee to ensure they don't go into further debt.

A small profit last year but the season before a 35mill loss.

Only Bolasie and Wan Bissaka have got them decent fees in the past 4 years and they have spunked 60 mill on Benteke & Sakho.

I do like Zaha, but him being a good player is not reason enough to buy him, he’s left sided. Either one of him or Richy would have to play on the right and though they could both ‘do a job’ or ‘do well’ on the right I would rather have a right winger doing a very good job there rather than shoehorn someone in

Status
Not open for further replies.