2020/21 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having torn an achillies I can tell you that I was also able to hobble/ walk immediatelky afterwards.

Sadly that's exactly what it looked like to me.

An achillies can be torn or strained quite innocuosly , lets hope it is the latter.
How long are you out with a torn Achilles?

Having torn an achillies I can tell you that I was also able to hobble/ walk immediatelky afterwards.

Sadly that's exactly what it looked like to me.

An achillies can be torn or strained quite innocuosly , lets hope it is the latter.
rehab from a torn Achilles is much better than it was, it used to be a 2 year rehab! Still a big injury if its torn, fingers crossed it isn't as he seemed to be progressing really well

Are they just guessing from the TV coverage or do they know from something else?
i don't know, they are usually pretty good when it comes to injury stuff they get info from the clubs, interesting to note also there is no mention of any injury on there with regards to Iwobi which suggests either covid or he is on his way imo.

????

Nothings been confirmed either way yet! Christ. You've almost buried him there..

I just meant this season - FGS don't take things so literal - a torn calf muscle if it is that - takes a while to heal up - I know as a fast bowler in my youth it happened to me - that's what the injury looked like to me ok .......if it's just a twinge he may be out a month at least ......
I got told to it was because I had done stretches on my calfs good enough - hence the pain & discomfort plus the wait to get back playing - he will have a team working on him so I hope he gets fit ASAP........

I just meant this season - FGS don't take things so literal - a torn calf muscle if it is that - takes a while to heal up - I know as a fast bowler in my youth it happened to me - that's what the injury looked like to me ok .......if it's just a twinge he may be out a month at least ......
I got told to it was because I had done stretches on my calfs good enough - hence the pain & discomfort plus the wait to get back playing - he will have a team working on him so I hope he gets fit ASAP........
Joey back in your day they put leeches on every type of injury
Thing have progressed slightly since then lol lol

Or a bouncer and knocked his helmet off.lol
No good that where there's no sense there no feeling - His middle stump would have been redundant for a while, at the age of 40 years old I trained in the nets with the first club team they even had one overseas player back then - I used to knock a good few of them out stump wise at the age of 40 years old they were in their 20s one night I stormed in my right calf just went - they asked me to bowl for their 2nd team later on, but evening league was fine for me opened the bowling got a hat trick one game 8 bowls overs only 4 overs per game took 5 wickets that night.
Clapped off the field at the end guards of honour etc I could swing & move the ball off the seam played at School in my 3rd year I played for the 5th years team......
So a calf injury I do know about it looked like that's what happened to him IMO - seen no news of him as yet?

You would be aiming at a very small target
Cricket is a Tory sport , surprised at you lol
I played it at a secondary modern School - the music teacher trained me he took the evening net classes - a former cricketer himself - he put one stump in the ground and two of you would run up opposite each other bowling - he spotted me in my first year that I had the knack of hitting the one stump out of the ground - my big regret at 18 I should have joined my local cricket club, but also being a footballer I joined my under 18 youth side - a mistake as I was a far better cricketer, but calf injuries are common that why bowlers even in the field do there stretches before bowling .......they can pull a calf muscle easily as I know from experience - I am sure the way Jarrard pulled up that's all it is... painful all the same .....and time out can vary....

Status
Not open for further replies.