Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can really see Zaha happening, we need to shift some out, and I think we will.

Iwobi, Bolasie, Tosun, Delph, Sandro and maybe even Walcott.

These would save us another £500k a month in wages alone.

All good points.
The way I see it is our first team is infinity stronger this year, will likely get stronger still and our second string are probably good enough to finish top 10 under ancelotti.

city probably have a second string that can finish top 4.

I think we’ll have a competitive squad.

It's reported as a "per week" amount, but players have not been paid that way for a very long time, probably since the 1970's. Most modern players are probably paid into a company registed in Switzerland or the cayman Islands and then pay themselves a dividend at the end of the year, so they can pay as little tax as possible.
Don’t think it works that way going by the odd footballers payslip that hits the public domain
I doubt HMRC would allow it

The midfield had a very nice balance on Sunday. If that, over the next few games, proves to be a consistent performing blend with James on the right, do we want to be disturbing that by bringing in another winger of the perceived level of Zaha?

What I mean is, we've got Gordon and Bernard (and Iwobi, Walcott but I expect they won't be here come the beginning of the season). For a club not in Europe, should we not just have those as back ups rather than having someone who is going to come on big money and potentially sit on the bench?

We may want to play James as the advanced player in the midfield 3 against certain (probably weaker) opposition. Having another option on the right that's better than Theo Walcott would definitely be a good idea. But I reckon that's something that might unfortunately have to wait to next summer. Centre back is by far our biggest priority right now.

The midfield had a very nice balance on Sunday. If that, over the next few games, proves to be a consistent performing blend with James on the right, do we want to be disturbing that by bringing in another winger of the perceived level of Zaha?

What I mean is, we've got Gordon and Bernard (and Iwobi, Walcott but I expect they won't be here come the beginning of the season). For a club not in Europe, should we not just have those as back ups rather than having someone who is going to come on big money and potentially sit on the bench?

If bringing in Zaha means our first alternative option isn't Walcott then it's an immediate and drastic improvement for me.

Our whole issue usually is we have a decent 12-13 and our back up players are crap.

We always get injuries at the worst times too.

Having really good options can't hurt (even though I agree with your point).

I'm reading between the lines a fair bit and then knowing the Moshiri wants him bit is purely from speaking to someone who I firmly believe would know that.

Whether it comes off or not...

There's not a huge deal of clubs that would:
1. Be able to pay his wages.
2. Be able to pay the fee as well as the wages.
3. Count as a "step up" in his head.

Looking at the PL, apart from the top 6 (none of which I think will be going for him). His options as a step up from Palace are most likely us, Leicester, Newcastle, Wolves. Maybe Arsenal fancy him and put Aubameyang up top instead?

Leicester are getting Cendiz Under so that's probably their business done for a wide player. Newcastle surely wouldn't pay the money for him. Wolves have a different transfer approach to buy value from abroad.

If it's not us or the top 6, his only options seem to be abroad in a climate where most clubs aren't spending big money and even at the best of times wouldn't go near his wage demands. Would he take a massive pay cut to live abroad and play CL football somewhere? Good for him if so.

Noooooooo.

We may want to play James as the advanced player in the midfield 3 against certain (probably weaker) opposition. Having another option on the right that's better than Theo Walcott would definitely be a good idea. But I reckon that's something that might unfortunately have to wait to next summer. Centre back is by far our biggest priority right now.

Don't think one is dependent on the other tbf.

CB is definitely what's needed first. Think any bid for Zaha - or another winger - will be late

Status
Not open for further replies.