Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its madness but media definitely have their faves. we're going to have to do our talking on the pitch this season if we want any recognition for our world class manager, and World class players from the idiot media. Imagine if we deliver this season the delight seeing the same idiots in media purring about us next season saying they always liked us. Haha
Would never happen. The media is infested with RS supporters or southerners who love arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea.

So who is it we will listen to offers for supposedly: Walcott, Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Kean, Delph, Tosun, Bolasie, Kenny, Besic. Am I missing anyone?

Of those, I think it would be madness to get rid of Kean yet. And even though I haven't been impressed at all, I would be surprised if we got rid of Iwobi having only given him one season.

If (huge if) we managed to sell the rest, surely we wouldn't get more than £45 million tops for the whole lot.

Delph I'm sure we would try and shift after one season because of his wages - and that transfer has been a disaster. Will someone pay him?

Can't see anyone taking Sigurdsson off our hands unfortunately.

We need to get a pacy wide man, an RB who can get up and down and a CB with pace - loans are fine. And if possible, a decent GK to push Pickford. If we can do that we can go far - but can we shift out what's above??

Pennington, Benni, Bernard.

Doherty is a decent signing if played at wingback not full back. Hojberg - less said the better. Reguilon is talented and Bale. Well the feel good factor will return amongst the fan base. But he is 31, his best years are behind him and I can’t see the niggling injuries he picks up getting any better with the physicality of the PL.
Think it comes down to how you rate the players as opposed to profiles mate, Reguilon is the one i would look at there and see being on a high potential trajectory career wise.

The Doc, PEH looked on the ropes at the weekend to me, but first games for them in fairness.

I find some of the signings strange the Doc, isnt a great right back, hes a great wing back but he needs someone behind him, hes not great in a 4 for me. I think they are picking deals as opposed to players if im being honest.
Hojbjerg was supposedly the first player Ancelotti said he wanted to sign after joining. I think writing him off after his debut may be a tad premature. I'd have been happy with all 4 of them here if i'm honest; we don't need Reguilon but I think all 3 of the others would have walked into our side. If we finish above Spurs I think we'll have had a very good season indeed.

Hojbjerg was supposedly the first player Ancelotti said he wanted to sign after joining. I think writing him off after his debut may be a tad premature. I'd have been happy with all 4 of them here if i'm honest; we don't need Reguilon but I think all 3 of the others would have walked into our side. If we finish above Spurs I think we'll have had a very good season indeed.
Saints form improved towards the end of the season when he wasn’t playing. I’ve never seen one game for saints when he’s stood out like Allan did the other day, in his first game!

Bale is Real's Bolaise.

I dont get the comparison at all. Bale is supremely talented has has won two league titles, one Copa Del Rey, three Club World Cups, two European Super Cups and an four Champions Leagues. People are saying he is not interested in football anymore and would rather play golf, I am not sure if that is true. Bolasie has won nothing, has less football talent, but wants to play.........

Pennington, Benni, Bernard.
Did they say Bernard in the article? Can't see us getting rid of Bernard and Iwobi. Although Bernard is much the better player, it would make more sense to shift him on than Iwobi for FFP purposes I guess. For me, if we play him in the right system though, he's the only one who has the potential to play like a poundshop James if Rodriguez is out injured. We might need that to unlock teams.

Honestly, Reguilon, Doherty, Hojberg and Bale would be a pretty good window on paper. You never know how things will pan out obviously, but it certainly wouldn't look like a team on the decline if they do that.

In fairness they supposedly had fantastic transfer acquisitions last season on paper as well - Ndombélé, Bergwijn, Sessegnon and Gedson Fernandes had all been rated highly by pundits and twitter stattos alike, but none of them so far have hit the heights that were previously projected for them. The only one which impressed me was Lo Celso, who I think is perfectly suited to the league and could be the heartbeat of the midfield for them moving forward.

Reguilón was fantastic at Sevilla so a reasonable upgrade on Rose/Davies (worth dropping 30m for it though?).
Doherty is a decent, marauding wing-back but doubtful that'll translate into good balance for the team (despite the tendency for the LB to drop in to form a 3). Højbjerg is fantastic at interceptions no doubt and if that's the extent of his remit then great, but doesn't look a patch on either Doucouré or Allan in terms of technical ability.
Bale comes with a huge question mark above him (motivation, ability, age etc.) and an even bigger wage to match - bizarre considering the steadfast refusal for years by Levy to alter the club's wage structure.

Did they say Bernard in the article? Can't see us getting rid of Bernard and Iwobi. Although Bernard is much the better player, it would make more sense to shift him on than Iwobi for FFP purposes I guess. For me, if we play him in the right system though, he's the only one who has the potential to play like a poundshop James if Rodriguez is out injured. We might need that to unlock teams.

I’m not sure if they’re mentioned in the article, but they’re all in the shop window. I’d suspect anyone over 23 who isn’t in the starting 11 is available.

In fairness they supposedly had fantastic transfer acquisitions last season on paper as well - Ndombélé, Bergwijn, Sessegnon and Gedson Fernandes had all been rated highly by pundits and twitter stattos alike, but none of them so far have hit the heights that were previously projected for them. The only one which impressed me was Lo Celso, who I think is perfectly suited to the league and could be the heartbeat of the midfield for them moving forward.

Reguilón was fantastic at Sevilla so a reasonable upgrade on Rose/Davies (worth dropping 30m for it though?).
Doherty is a decent, marauding wing-back but doubtful that'll translate into good balance for the team (despite the tendency for the LB to drop in to form a 3). Højbjerg is fantastic at interceptions no doubt and if that's the extent of his remit then great, but doesn't look a patch on either Doucouré or Allan in terms of technical ability.
Bale comes with a huge question mark above him (motivation, ability, age etc.) and an even bigger wage to match - bizarre considering the steadfast refusal for years by Levy to alter the club's wage structure.

I’m so glad that piece of Lego chose Spurs over us

Status
Not open for further replies.