New Everton Stadium Discussion

I tried to find these on Everton Direct to no avail.

My first Everton kit came with round collar and sew-on number 8, with white boots. I was 5.

Any idea how much these are for size 10?

It's about 500 million pounds, but because you need a size 10 might need to make that 600 million and of course you'll need a fair bit of land. It's good that we started selling replica stadiums though.

It's about 500 million pounds, but because you need a size 10 might need to make that 600 million and of course you'll need a fair bit of land. It's good that we started selling replica stadiums though.
as far as I can see BMD will be an L but a lot of fans are calling for an XL or XXL as they are expecting pretty sizable growth in the future.

You need to look at the individuals of HE etc. I had a look the other day and a number of the ‘board’ are just small level business people who have jumped onto a public type group. One I saw was involved in football promotion (probably a kopite) but nonetheless knew as much about Historical England as any other forty year old charlatan. It’s a joke organisation....take no notice of them.....

They are rather like "critics" as in their default role is to find fault. If they don't then they lose their reason to be essentially. Although they would see themselves as safekeepers of the public interest.

To a certain degree they have a role to play within the overall process as a body of some opinion, albeit a minority view.

The problem is their role is formalised and institutionalised so it's much harder for the secretary of state to dismiss them hence my expectation this will be called in.

The heavy emphasis on consultation, excellent communication strategy, Goodison redevelopment, and flexibility are all very savvy moves on the clubs part in mitigation. These objections come as no surprise and the club have seen them coming and got their response in first. Well done to them.

This was before the economic catastrophe that has unfolded since. It would be very refreshing if the council proceeded to grant PP regardless but I imagine they won't as the political instinct will be to push the decision upwards.
I Guess it was all a gamble, if this is called in and delays the process for however long then that could impact Evertons time frame in building the stadium, finances etc... Everton should have been well aware that the heritage group did not want the dock filled in from day one and no matter how much consultation that would have been carried out would not have changed the fact that there was a high chance of it getting called in. Even if the council grant PP then it would still be called in because of their objections. My point being this was always likely from day one because the heritage group were hell bent on not having the dock infilled and Everton knew this.

What niggles me somewhat is the apparent duplicitous nature of these organisations.
Everton and the other bodies involved appear to have involved these people in their plans and consulted with them to find the best possible outcome for all concerned.
Yet in the end their stance remains unchanged from the outset , total rejection of the plans.
Surely it would have been more honest of them to remain outside the process altogether.
I believe they only engaged in the process so that in the event of their objections being overruled they would still have embedded alterations (to the cost of Everton) which would serve their interests over the project.
Very clever and par for the course no doubt , but still snide.
I hate snide.

LOL at the Victorian Society - bunch of reductive preservationists obsessing over an era of British and world history that, although far from utopian, saw unprecedented infrastructure projects and civil engineering on immense scales and a fascination with technical progress.
"On no no no, we'll have none of that!"

Tossers.

Lucky for them there wasn't a Georgian Historic Society going around saying you can't build docks on this land/water in the mid 1800's else there would be nothing to protect now...

Lucky for them there wasn't a Georgian Historic Society going around saying you can't build docks on this land/water in the mid 1800's else there would be nothing to protect now...
Or the prehistoric society wanting to turn it back into some sort of dinosaur infested Marsh land and join it back up with the Isle of Man and the coast of Africa.

You obviously know what I mean. Until now we all assumed it would fly through as the benefits are huge to the city, yet all of a sudden some influential group decides they want to do all they can to prevent it going ahead.

It's not all of a sudden, these objections were an absolute certainty from day one. They're just doing their job and as long as Everton have done theirs then there won't be any issue at all.