Not open for further replies.
Lossl
Kenny Keane Mina Digne
Allan Doucoure
Walcott Iwobi Bernard
Kean​

Sub Allan, Digne and Doucoure off as soon as we’re comfy

Play our c**p, it's Salford ffs.
We are surely not that bad without the new guys. Besides Siggy and Co will want to prove they are still worthy of a place in the squad.
We lost to Liverpool’s youth side last year. Our reserves should indeed be able to turn Salford over but it’s not a guarantee.

They lost to Liverpool’s youth side last year. Our reserves should indeed be able to turn Salford over but it’s not a guarantee.
Nothings guaranteed with Everton in cups... Or that's how it used to be, a whole game into the season and I am a Carlo believer, relax, he's got this.

Alternatively play the same midfield as the weekend and Pickford... That's it mind, just the 5 players, it's overkill but I threw Pickford in there to provide some hope for Salford.

They will soon realise he's a different player this season too though sadly for them...

Bit of a curve ball but I'd play Tyrer in goals, give him a chance at a real game after his fine display vs Preston, no point giving game time to Lossl or Virginia when they're not likely to be in Carlo's plans

I would like to see Allan, James and Doucoure all start, even if they don't play the full 90, I think it's important fo them to develop that in game experience together. Other than them I think we can rotate in the other positions, but have a strong bench, in case there a tree issues
I agree that it would be nice to seeing the three of them start again in this game, even if is just for the first half. They need to get more comfortable with each other and build their game together, there is that feeling that you gain during real games that doesn't happen always in practice. Hopefully Everton will score a lot of goals in that first half and this will also help build their confidence.

Bit of a curve ball but I'd play Tyrer in goals, give him a chance at a real game after his fine display vs Preston, no point giving game time to Lossl or Virginia when they're not likely to be in Carlo's plans
I don’t actually think Lossl is terrible. If he’s sticking around it’s to be the cup keeper.

I would go for-
Pickford
Kenny Brathwaite Keane Nkounkou
Doucoure Davies
Walcott Siggurdson Bernard
Kean

Think the bench will be a mix of first team starters (Allan/James) and maybe some who he wouldn't mind selling (Delph etc) and if its going well get them in the shop window.

Status
Not open for further replies.