2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I really did expect was how well he reads the game and makes interceptions.
did not* expect

He's everything we wanted Barkley to be, skills AND ability to read the game so fluently almost to the point he's reading everyones minds, I also like he doesn't go down easily and when he does, he's straight back up fighting for the ball, can see him along with Allan becoming legends here. I know it's only 1 game in blue for him but that 1 game showed what he's capable of and potentially he can be much better as this is just the start, once he gets playing more with the rest of the squad, beautiful things are going to happen!
I keep seeing your profile pic and thinking "wait I never wrote that?"

did not* expect
I’d remembered his superb creativity from the 2014 world cup and was pleased to see it was still there but like you was surprised by the defensive side to his game and the workrate, especially given the lack of match fitness. It would have been pretty easy for him to come in with a “I’m above it” attitude to the more prosaic aspects of the game but he seems very happy not to just be a “luxury” type of player.

You also are never sure how a player is going to react to the rough and tumble side, perhaps even resort to some histrionics. But he seemed blissfully unfazed - either just shrugging off the attempted tackles as being insignificant or even better when he responded in kind with just the right amount of snide.

Likewise, how are we gonna solve this ?
Sorted ;)

I’d remembered his superb creativity from the 2014 world cup and was pleased to see it was still there but like you was surprised by the defensive side to his game and the workrate, especially given the lack of match fitness. It would have been pretty easy for him to come in with a “I’m above it” attitude to the more prosaic aspects of the game but he seems very happy not to just be a “luxury” type of player.

You also are never sure how a player is going to react to the rough and tumble side, perhaps even resort to some histrionics. But he seemed blissfully unfazed - either just shrugging off the attempted tackles as being insignificant or even better when he responded in kind with just the right amount of snide.
In that little compilation there was a moment where he gets fouled but instantly gets up and sprints off. He's got so many qualities that you could understand probably go unnoticed at Real Madrid but very much appreciated here!

This is my favourite thread

Its difficult to even comprehend.

Everton billboards in Times Square, Miami Beach, and a lit up tower in Bogota. Big news on Reuters.

Screen shots of James shirts being snapped up in Columbia.

And then he delivers. I am happy to admit I had not a clue quite what his global appeal was, nor how good a baller he was, but geez, different gravy.

Oh, and he signed for Carlo flaming Ancelotti.

Sorted ;)

In that little compilation there was a moment where he gets fouled but instantly gets up and sprints off. He's got so many qualities that you could understand probably go unnoticed at Real Madrid but very much appreciated here!
It was actually the Real Madrid/La Liga influence I was a tad worried about - a lot of their players can’t half make a meal out of a simple innocuous tackle!

Its difficult to even comprehend.

Everton billboards in Times Square, Miami Beach, and a lit up tower in Bogota. Big news on Reuters.

Screen shots of James shirts being snapped up in Columbia.

And then he delivers. I am happy to admit I had not a clue quite what his global appeal was, nor how good a baller he was, but geez, different gravy.

Oh, and he signed for Carlo flaming Ancelotti.

Its unreal isn't it mate. I love seeing the new fans join because of him and giving us an insight into what the press and social media say about him/us.

I was completely oblivious to how big he is yet me and my lad just have our Jaws on the ground when we look at a post he does on social media and the amount of views/comments it gets within the hour. Some serious numbers and every time he posts, he's putting us in the spotlight as well.

He's everything we wanted Barkley to be, skills AND ability to read the game so fluently almost to the point he's reading everyones minds, I also like he doesn't go down easily and when he does, he's straight back up fighting for the ball, can see him along with Allan becoming legends here. I know it's only 1 game in blue for him but that 1 game showed what he's capable of and potentially he can be much better as this is just the start, once he gets playing more with the rest of the squad, beautiful things are going to happen!

The James Rodriguez thread - and he gets a mention :pint2: :pint2::pint2:

Him and Barkley in this team, drop DCL and put Richarlison up front

Yes please.

Status
Not open for further replies.