2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the two games this evening and the others over the weekend, I've noticed alll the games so far in the prem have been played at lightening speed, except our game against spurs, which was pedestrian. Brighton, Sheffield utd, Leeds pinging the ball about and all with players with pace to burn. Brighton should be beating chelsea , they are playing by far the better football.

It was a great controlled performance against spurs, but I still think we need to up the pace of the passes, and maybe add a lightening winger to complete the jigsaw.

There aren't going to be any easy games this year and I hope Carlo is prepared for the pace of opposing teams, even the so called weaker teams.

Watching the two games this evening and the others over the weekend, I've noticed alll the games so far in the prem have been played at lightening speed, except our game against spurs, which was pedestrian. Brighton, Sheffield utd, Leeds pinging the ball about and all with players with pace to burn. Brighton should be beating chelsea , they are playing by far the better football.

It was a great controlled performance against spurs, but I still think we need to up the pace of the passes, and maybe add a lightening winger to complete the jigsaw.

There aren't going to be any easy games this year and I hope Carlo is prepared for the pace of opposing teams, even the so called weaker teams.

Erm we played very quickly for the most part. Did you watch the game on Ceefax?

This is literally not how the game played out.

Just my opinion. We played great. I'm not disputing that. Just that out of all the games so far, our game against spurs was the slowest paced overall out of all the matches so far. I still think we need a lightening paced winger who can deliver end product, which will give James the option of coming inside to a more central position where he can do even more damage.

I know I know but our next 3 games are winnable on paper (WBA ,(H)Palace (A)and Brighton (H) and I know its Everton and we play on grass,but the scum have Arsenal and chelsea in their next 2 games
We could go into the derby on maximum points and the scum down a couple of points .
We could win that and be 5 points clear of them
Early days but this season its not beyond the realms of possibility,
Bielsa showed by targeting the full backs they can be got at

And the defences of some of the sides you mention are terrible. Need to remember that.

Well they’re losing 3-1 and we beat Spurs???

I know they're getting beat 3-1. They shouldn't be though, and all the pundits have said it's been a poor Chelsea performance and Brighton have been unlucky. Chelsea have scored from a penalty, a once in a lifetime worldy from Reece james, and a hugely fortunate deflection. But that's not my point. Just that we need to be wary of the pace of even the so-called weaker teams this season, that's all.

I know I know but our next 3 games are winnable on paper (WBA ,(H)Palace (A)and Brighton (H) and I know its Everton and we play on grass,but the scum have Arsenal and chelsea in their next 2 games
We could go into the derby on maximum points and the scum down a couple of points .
Stop torturing yourself. It’s Everton.
You're far better preparing yourself to be out of the cup, and to lose the next two league games after James gets a season long injury.
At least that’s way you’ll feel if we do win a few.

I hope you're right, now that would be a dream scenario. Let's hope it happens. Teams have been giving the scum too much respect, and Leeds have shown that their defence, especially Trent and vvd are hugely overrated defensively.

I think the heat could have been a factor in how we played. I just thought it was a controlled performance. Some have compared it to how Italian teams set up away from home.

Carlo’s blues looked miles better than Chelsea, they were awful and were lucky to get anything tonight at Brighton.

Status
Not open for further replies.