Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaha wouldn’t be worth what we’d have to pay for him, we’re saturated with mids and wide players now, albeit most of them aren’t good enough.

A CB or RB on loan with a view to buy or a keeper are the only places I’d be looking now.

THIS.

We're talking about dropping our top goalscorer and shuffling around players that looked good yesterday, to accommodate a sulk who will stifle our movement by running down blind alleys every time he gets the ball.

Carlo turned Pickers into a world beater over the short summer break; I'd rather take the gamble he can make Walcott and Iwobi fit for purpose, at least until the next window, and focus on recruiting in defence.
If coming under Carlo's wing the sulking may disappear, not saying we will get him but if he were to answer what seems to be the defining question from Carlo I would take him, we all want to push on he's something different from most wingers and if teams do double up then it could give the others the space they need

I don't see us adding more to our attack or midfield this window. I think we will be looking for a CB and possibly a right back.

I'd be interested to know how we are approaching our search for a CB? Is it 'getting cover' so that we are able to cope in case our current options are injured or out of form? Or is it, bring in the very best that we can get to replace what we already have with a superior CB?

I thought we hate 4-4-2 because it is too plain and outdated lol
James should play up there, on the final third of the pitch always.
And Gomes on the left of three man midfielders is alright.
Do not think too much :p

I knew Gomes would get a mention.

I think DCL is a great tool and he won us the game yesterday, I wont have any talk of dropping him.

I agree we need options and depth, Zaha is a very dangerous player, but sadly I think he's out of reach from a financial POV, but we shall see.

Rico is defo better than Zaha, no matter where he plays.

It wouldn't necessarily be Gomes. Carlo has shown he likes to change the formation and personal depending on the opponent. He'd just be another option

Saw on twitter a suggestion we buy Sarr instead of Zaha and move James inside instead of Gomes which is a solution I far prefer to any that involves signing Zaha

After yesterday, why would you wanna move James inside when he comes inside of the right anyway? RW is his best position. Ancelotti always plays him there.

After yesterday, why would you wanna move James inside when he comes inside of the right anyway? RW is his best position. Ancelotti always plays him there.
He was really good for Bayern as one of the CMs in a position similar to where Gomes played yesterday and given he is far superior to Gomes it could make sense. Put him on the right side and he can still come from wider on the left foot. If Sarr is available (I don't know the answer to that) we would be stronger with him down the right, Richarlison down the left and James in the middle imo.

The other reason to do it is because teams will do a lot to keep the ball away from our right if James is out there. He's too good for them to let him get involved so they'll try hard to keep the ball as far away as they can. Spurs did that for a spell and we did struggle getting forward a bit. In the middle that becomes a lot harder.

There isn't a bad answer though as James is going to be great at any spot.

Err gentle reminder, Betting company William Hill has.

They did????

I mean taking transfer advice from a company whos job it is to make people lose money on things that don't happen is a stretch, but I hadn't seen their "link".

Can you show me.

Also William Hill are still offering odds of 11/10 for Zaha to join us, that seems very generous for somebody who thinks he will join.

Status
Not open for further replies.