2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think next week he will have a lot more touches in the danger areas vs a worse team and it'll be great
How do you think we'll handle more aggressive pressing teams, BigIg?
Spurs were nice enough to give us plenty of time but that won't be the case every week.

It’s funny, for years now the midfielders of most other clubs have relished playing against Everton, knowing they would be given time and space, and, more importantly, they would not be physically punished.

Well, if they saw that today, I don’t think they will be relishing their next encounter with us. It was a pleasure to watch today.

How do you think we'll handle more aggressive pressing teams, BigIg?
Spurs were nice enough to give us plenty of time but that won't be the case every week.
You know I think he will keep the ball well enough and it is just a matter of whether he can drive us forward as often as he was today. Playing with James and Allan is going to suit him.

50340213231_99c9148b6a_o.png

Like the way he said he owes Ancelotti or something similar and he needs to deliver.

Best compliment to Allan and Doucoure i think is that if you took any 2 of the RS league winning centre mids, our two are better.

What impressed me most about his performance is his tactical versatility. He was signed to add more of an attacking threat in midfield, but showed yesterday he's more than capable of sitting in a two and being a bit more defensive in the tougher games, whilst still having the stride to break forward when it fits.

Monster of a player, and we finally have balance in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.