Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good to feel so optimistic having won the first game of the season and not already be playing catch up.

An away win against a Mourinho side. They don't come easily.

A tad disappointing that we didn't win by a higher margin - for my nerves at least.

It was a dominant performance in which we played good football.

I've struggled to choose a MotM but I think I'll go with Allan.

I swear we absolutely owned the ball, missed the last 10 minutes but it must have literally been all spurs because apparently they had more possession. A little thing but surely that cant be so?

What a wonderful match to watch. How pleasant to watch how well so many players played. How long has it been since Ive said that?

Hard to pick a MOTM because it really was a great team performacne and few players struggled. The difficulty will be playing like that every week. If we did, we would make CL.

Great win made up with how good we looked. Superb performance from the three new lads and they look to have taken the level up. Allan the general, Doucoure a beast and James that touch of class. Richy worked hard should have notched, Digne did well. Now we must build on it and get the new players even more bedded in.

IMG_20200914_074132.jpg

I don't understand but it looks like we play 2-4-3-1 lol

Richarlison chance first half through on goal should have squared the ball to Calvert Lewis to score
Yeah I thought that too, but I'm okay with our Brazilian international striker having the confidence to go for on open goal he created himself, I think that would normally go in and we wouldn't question it but agree, he needs to look up more.

That being said, he did a lovely pass in the box to Rodriguez who actually should probably have done better. (still give James 9.999... out of 5).

1) The bar has now been set.
2) You can only beat what's put in front of you.
3) Could've been 2 or 3 or even 4...yes you Richo.
and
most importantly in my view...

4) One.
Game.
At.
A.
'Kin.
Time...

5) None of this - if we win our next 'X' games we could be 'Y'th position shight.

6) Rotate if you really, really, must for the League Cup - but make sure that you win it.
7) As far as is possible, keep the same starting 11 for the next 3 games up to the International Break...they need minutes together to build up more fitness and understanding.

Hands up to Carlo having the balls to put all 3 in from the start
Only manager for a while that would of done that
Exactly. These guys have been training for their respective seasons & are fit enough. They don't need to "learn our system", class players ARE the system!

From Carlo;
“It’s not easy for everyone to prepare for the start of the season. There was not a lot of time. The new signings had one week of training.
“[The new players] adapted really well. The performance was good..."
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.