Old Everton Pictures

Fair maybe when he was younger - that tackle on Jimmy Husband was diabolical straight red never even got a yellow - Jimmy through on goal, and he took him out waste height finished him for pace in future games ....sorry, but I was there it was horrendous the ref let him off while jimmy came off on a stretcher it cost us the game as we lost the replay, alright Clouthie saying Leeds were dirty, but his Captain was no better imo...... Maybe at spurs when Mackay had speed he was a very good player, but at Derby he was an animal.......
a hatchet man........wouldn't survive in the modern game. He'd be sent off most weeks for starters. Take the dirty side out of Mackeys game.......and what is left. Don't remember him being praised for his thoughtful .....skilful .....artistic approach to the game. Just a hatchet man.
Most teams had them back then. We can all name them????
I don't fall for all the stereotyping of players. Most of it is nonsense. But imo Mackey was a dirty player. He was what it said on the packet........Dirty.
Glad he never played for Everton. He would have added nothing to the school of science...........nothing .

Stop it....please
Was at that match. I take it that you are referring to the 5-0 drubbing from the rs. Awful performance............Awful game. The whole team was awful that day.
But on checking the programme I notice that 6 of that team went on to greater things under HK. Just one of those days........I suppose.
And Keeley getting sent off.......
Ps.......I didn't often leave matches before the final whistle. But I made an exception for that match..........

Is that Willie Carr? Always liked him as a player. That is until he "donkey flipped" that ball up for Ernie Hunt to volley home against.
I thought he had the looks of him maybe he's a bit older......
Yep just looked William McInanny Carr (born 6 January 1950 in Glasgow) is a Scottish former footballer, who played in the Football League for Coventry City, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Millwall. During his time with Coventry, Carr played in six full international matches for Scotland. He later played in non-league football for Worcester City, Willenhall Town, Maidstone United, Stafford Rangers and Stourbridge.
He had more clubs than Tony Jacklyn........

I was there too. Alongside Willie Bells assault on Shirley in the infamous battle of Goodison the McKay conversion kick on Husband was as bad. Marwoods crippling of Heath makes up an unholy trinity of true dirt seen at GP :mad:

Marwood’s on Heath was a shocker, I remember at the time thinking to myself that Marwood wouldn’t finish the game unscathed after that “assault” - then along came Mr Reid! Reidy even talks about it on the Howard’s Way dvd!