Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be more major signings.

But after the social media fest surounding the 3 signings in the Titanic and restaurants over the weekend dont expect leaks until they are virtually done.
Bet Brands was seething over it.

Expect RB , Winger and another forward if Kean goes.
Wouldnt rule out a keeper either.

Why do people keep saying a new striker "if kean goes"?

Has anyone at the club made any suggestion he could leave? Have there been any credible links of him leaving? Feels a bit soon to just give up on him and essentially take a loss on him when he has had a brazil international and a young, more experienced striker who was scoring goals ahead of him.

Listened to his press conference. Wouldn’t expect him to say anything else. Hardly going to tell the world his transfer plans.

he’s not messing about he’s getting players in that can make a difference,

love the bloke.
i think he said something like 'if an opportunity presents itself' and that's all he can say really. I still think we'll bring in a CB and maybe RB on loan and buy a RW

Wish list - CB doesn’t have to be a starter just a backup (allows Gibson or Branthwaite to go on loan maybe not at the same time), starting RB JJK on loan again, backup LB (Niels Nkounkou) impressed in pre-season but isn’t ready and wasn’t bought for that in mind this year), RW starter. Would like a new GK but that is probably based on finding Pickford a new home. Then ship a long line of squad players out.

I don't see any point in Kenny going on loan again. Based on how he played at Schalke last year Ancelotti/Brands will know whether he's good enough to stay, or he'll be sold as he clearly has admirers.

I expect him to start on Sunday

"I think with these three signings, we did a fantastic job. There is some opportunity to look until October 5 but honestly, I am satisfied with the squad in this moment."

Don Carlo saying we go with what we got.
So close thread lol

I think we'll see a CB on loan. The rest will depend on outgoings e.g. Kenny leaving we bring in Arias or another RB, Kean leaving we bring in another CF, Walcott/Bernard another winger etc etc.

It's a tough market atm and better to be sensible about it. Reckon when we shift some of the dross the business will pick up again.

I don't see any point in Kenny going on loan again. Based on how he played at Schalke last year Ancelotti/Brands will know whether he's good enough to stay, or he'll be sold as he clearly has admirers.

I expect him to start on Sunday
Wouldn't be the end of the world really, just thinking as a transition post Coleman is to bring in a top RB now give Coleman one more year whilst JJK plays every week but knows there is a long term plan for him to compete as a starting RB. Again not the end of the world if it doesn't transpire.

top WUM at work here

Not at all. We've spent £60m on three key positions. As most of us have said to date - getting players out is vitally important now.

Are our RB options perfect? No, but enough for the season.

Is our goalkeeper terrible? Yes, but no one is buying him from us.

Could we solve both of the above next summer with top class signings? Yes.

Still expecting 1 more to come in.

But we need to see a stream of OUTS now. Then we can continue to improve year on year with a trimmer squad.

For sure.

Look, if next season we finish in the top 7 we will have made massive improvement on last season.

The striking options we have are OK. Our defence is pretty reasonable with some good young players.

Our midfield was dog dirt so we spent £60m on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.