USA and South America Market Growth

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH MY GOD.

Who is this? This isn’t Everton? The Everton I know sign deals to exclusively sell shirt on Kitbag and arrange friendlies in Rock Ferry.

Bogota, Miami, NYC, Albert Dock.

Up Everton.
Really hope we continue down this road.

Hosting a mini tournament next season in the states with a few American, Colombian and Brazilian sides would be ace for our image stateside!

Really hope we continue down this road.

Hosting a mini tournament next season in the states with a few American, Colombian and Brazilian sides would be ace for our image stateside!

It would have to in Miami, there’s such a Latin community there and in Cali, but especially Miami area.

Still thinking tapping the South American market (no teams do really), would be huge.

You regularly see International games featuring South/Central American teams in the States.

So why the hell not?

It would have to in Miami, there’s such a Latin community there and in Cali, but especially Miami area.

Still thinking tapping the South American market (no teams do really), would be huge.

You regularly see International games featuring South/Central American teams in the States.

So why the hell not?
A couple of MLS teams in there, maybe some of our players ex-teams like Santos (Bernard), Fluminense (Richarlison), Banfield (James) and of course Everton Vina del Mar :D

I won't hold my breath sadly, We could have placed our seeds all over the US when we had Howard and Donovan and we didn't.
It'll be nice if they pull it off this time since James has a gigantic following.
American here.

What’s largely forgotten is the American market is not monolithic.

The large Spanish population - mostly from Mexico - follows the sport closely but they don’t really care about the Premier League from my experience. They are focused on Spain, Mexico and occasionally Italy.

James Rodriguez could bridge the gap for those folks.

then there are the white Americans - who you probably only reach by having a high profile American on the squad. Pulisic kits are selling off the shelves for Chelsea right now.

American here.

What’s largely forgotten is the American market is not monolithic.

The large Spanish population - mostly from Mexico - follows the sport closely but they don’t really care about the Premier League from my experience. They are focused on Spain, Mexico and occasionally Italy.

James Rodriguez could bridge the gap for those folks.

then there are the white Americans - who you probably only reach by having a high profile American on the squad. Pulisic kits are selling off the shelves for Chelsea right now.

I think the Premier League is just growing more and more in the States and James is coming at the right time.

I see them having fan events and they’re sold out, I rocked up to a bar in SF, to Watch Everton Huddersfield 2 years ago, and there were 40 fans in there... which considering it was 7am was massive.

You’re right, the latín fanbase are more focussed on Spanish football, and thats something we can tap into. I know the Latin area is extremely proud of its own, and that’s why Colombia is a must visit for us.

Don’t need Everton Chile, they’ll be there always there’s a 50 million population worth tapping into, and looks like we’re going to crack it.

Can you buy an Everton shirt in Colombia?

3 years in Paraguay when we had Antolin Alcaraz - terrible with us, but a hero there after a WC goal, spent probably 6-7 weeks in Argentina during the Funes Mori times, 3 years in Bogota, all of Mina's time with us, and now been in Brazil for 3 weeks.

Only other EFC shirt I've seen was one I got for a Paraguayan friend who studied in Ingerland and was a huge blue. That's it. Never seen one for sale and have little faith of an order ever arriving.

Conversely Nike/Adidas/Puma all have their own stores and it's easy to find most their clubs at those stores.

EFC's marketing have been every bit as bad at their job as EITC is good at theirs.

3 years in Paraguay when we had Antolin Alcaraz - terrible with us, but a hero there after a WC goal, spent probably 6-7 weeks in Argentina during the Funes Mori times, 3 years in Bogota, all of Mina's time with us, and now been in Brazil for 3 weeks.

Only other EFC shirt I've seen was one I got for a Paraguayan friend who studied in Ingerland and was a huge blue. That's it. Never seen one for sale and have little faith of an order ever arriving.

Conversely Nike/Adidas/Puma all have their own stores and it's easy to find most their clubs at those stores.

EFC's marketing have been every bit as bad at their job as EITC is good at theirs.

It had to be the next step I think.

They’ve done everything else correctly, I’m sure they’re working with partners about getting merchandise over to the Americas, they’d be idiotic not to.

Don’t know much about South American Sports Stores but surely a way to get Everton in there, I think.

They’ve done everything else correctly, I’m sure they’re working with partners about getting merchandise over to the Americas, they’d be idiotic not to.

Don’t know much about South American Sports Stores but surely a way to get Everton in there, I think.

We'll see what they can do. Because adidas/Puma/Nike all have their own stores, they get coverage. Hummel might have issues - will be a harder find here than most. Not sure if there is a (Richard's - because the actual store name sets off the bad word filter) equivalent. Keeping my eyes peeled for both our and Brazil's new gear now that I'm in Richarlisonland.

With James they'd be freaking stupid not to build their own stores in major cities - Everton Tres all over the place. One of the guys at the tienda next to me in Bogota used to rock a ratty old Man U shirt just because Falcao's name was on the back. And of course this happened after I moved - while most those guys have Spanish teams and Colombian teams, I could have converted the entire store to The Toffeeteros when it came to Ingerland and futbol.

We'll see what they can do. Because adidas/Puma/Nike all have their own stores, they get coverage. Hummel might have issues - will be a harder find here than most. Not sure if there is a (Richard's - because the actual store name sets off the bad word filter) equivalent. Keeping my eyes peeled for both our and Brazil's new gear now that I'm in Richarlisonland.

With James they'd be freaking stupid not to build their own stores in major cities - Everton Tres all over the place. One of the guys at the tienda next to me in Bogota used to rock a ratty old Man U shirt just because Falcao's name was on the back. And of course this happened after I moved - while most those guys have Spanish teams and Colombian teams, I could have converted the entire store to The Toffeeteros when it came to Ingerland and futbol.

If I was you I’d be writing to the club and saying it.

Everton Tres in Bogotá would be bloody sublime, wouldn’t it?

Status
Not open for further replies.