Formations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake pit

Player Valuation: £950k
What does everyone reckon our formations for this season will be?

Looking at the players he's bought and rumors of buying, and the ones suitable for that position i think we'll see quite a narrow structure with a lot of emphasis on over lapping full backs providing the width

Something like this
1599564145468.png

If Rodriguez is injured then replace with Bernard or Iwobi, neither of them are best suited to being wingers so i reckon he may keep both for now to provide a bit more creativity now we have a better defensive base in Midfield. When defending both the fullbacks and midfielders push back which give us an awful lot more protection than last year and leaves Rodriguez and the forwards free to mount a counter attack once the ball is won back. One things for certain, we should concede far less goals than last year as i doubt the defense will be as over run as it was on occasions last year, and having Rodriguez between the midfield and forwards stops the massive disconnect we had where the forwards hardly saw the ball as there was no-one in control of the ball in the middle of the park to be able to find them

With the ball

Pickford
Kenny Mina Holgate Digne
Doucoure Allan Gomes
James DCL Richy​

When defending

Pickford
Kenny Mina Holgate Digne
James Doucoure Allan Gomes
DCL Richarlison​

Everyone goes 442 in defence these days but Carlo especially loves it

I think we will set up with a 4-5-1. Rodrigues will play as a 10, and Richarlison will play left midfield.

I personally think you need the 5 in midfield in the premier league, and that your fullbacks require the assistance of a RM or RW to track back, which you don't get with these 'diamond' midfields that allow for two strikers.

Looking at the players he's bought and rumors of buying, and the ones suitable for that position i think we'll see quite a narrow structure with a lot of emphasis on over lapping full backs providing the width

Something like this
View attachment 100497

If Rodriguez is injured then replace with Bernard or Iwobi, neither of them are best suited to being wingers so i reckon he may keep both for now to provide a bit more creativity now we have a better defensive base in Midfield. When defending both the fullbacks and midfielders push back which give us an awful lot more protection than last year and leaves Rodriguez and the forwards free to mount a counter attack once the ball is won back. One things for certain, we should concede far less goals than last year as i doubt the defense will be as over run as it was on occasions last year, and having Rodriguez between the midfield and forwards stops the massive disconnect we had where the forwards hardly saw the ball as there was no-one in control of the ball in the middle of the park to be able to find them
Yeah, i think it will be some sort of diamond formation or maybe a 4-3-1-2, i doubt we will play with wingers as such, James is a number 10 and we will get the best from him if we play him there. Also if we did play him out on the right wing then the balance will be off as we would need someone equally as good on the other side and that's not happening anytime soon imo. Need another RB first though.

View attachment 100530
Something like that maybe. Rodriguez won't be a RW, anyhow.

I also think he wants something like this, but it will only really work with a Digne clone on the right, someone who can really get up and down the pitch and who has quality in the final third. Coleman has been great for us but he doesn't fit that profile anymore, and Kenny is still a bit of an unknown quantity.

I think the players we have got give us better options but a left footed centre back, left footed right winger and attacking right back would complete the options.

Something like this
View attachment 100497

Your formation / team is exactly what I jotted down this morning. Only problem is that it looks incredibly narrow.

The plus points though is that with Allan sitting deep it’ll allow Digne and (insert RB here) to push up down the flanks, and even though it’s narrow, with Rodriguez / Gomes playing in the middle, for once we should have the technical ability in the middle of the park to go through the centre of teams.

3 at the back maybe if we're bringing in another CB?

Pickford

Tomori - Keane - Holgate

Coleman ----------------------------------- Digne

James - Allan - Doucoure

DCL - Richarlison​

Pickford
Kenny* Keane* Holgate Digne
Gomes Allan Doucoure
James DCL Richarlison

Lossl Mina Nkonkou* Gbamin Gordon Bernard Kean

That would be my team and subs. Players with * need upgraded. If we got a top class right winger I would drop Gomes move James to midfield. If we play 4-4-2 Gordon/Bernard would come in for Gomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.