Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton sure like to drag things out!

It’s the Everton way!

I remember in the good old days when managers used to meet the player at a pub. A deal was then thrashed out in half an hour over a packet of pork scratchings and a pint of mild.
It was announced the next day and they were in the team next match.

Pretty sure it's not just Everton mate. You can't scratch your head these days without reels of protocol and contracts.

Back to Everton. What's our most needed position after the midfield signings? I'd go with centre back. I'm not convinced by Mina or Keane. They just can't cope with pace and don't seem positionally good enough to cover that up. Would sell either of them at this point.

I think Coleman can still do it in a decent team for a year. Particularly since at Milan Ancelotti seemed to favour one defensive fullback. I think that would suit Seamie's years. Maybe I'm clouded by my love for him.

Rodders is the most high profile signing the EPL has ever signed! Forget Everton... statistically true.
No, it isn't.

Ok, let's set some ground rules here, so in my opinion I would only count signings to EPL from abroad and only when a player gas reached that high profile level.

So signing C. Ronaldo from Lisbon, not high profile but signing him now is high profile. With this in mind, "Rodders is actually way way up there with the likes of zlatan and schweinsteiger maybe David Luiz etc

I am glad the window is open for another few weeks after season starts, gives enough time for Pickford to show how poor he is and speed up recuritment for a new GK if not being done already

Status
Not open for further replies.