What positions do Everton need to strengthen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hopeful the CF situation will be improved by the new midfield,with decent chances created Richarlison and DCL and Kean will thrive. GK is the bigger problem. He's too difficult to move on given the amount invested in him. And his erratic form effects the whole defense.
Kean will lapse DCL as our starting striker this season and with all the new CM signings I can see Richy moving back out to the LW for a good amount of the games.

Striker! Goals win games.

Midfield was the obvious priority. That should be fixed now.

RB next. We need a quality 1st choice RB.

CB was shocking last season, but let’s be fair, Baresi - Costacurta - Maldini could have been made to look like mugs behind our non existent MF & the constant loss of possession. With the emergence of Branthwaite, I think we’re OK until someone special comes up at the right price.

I’m a big fan of DCL & obviously Richarlison, but they can’t be expected to play every game. They need competition & rotation. We need a striker with real goal threat.

Hopefully the massive blackhole in the centre of midfield is now sorted, next we need a keeper to push Pickford or displace, a RB to eventually take Colemans crown - though feel unless Kenny moves thats going to be the issue going into next summer.

I don't think we will target another striker, personally, I think that having a proper midfield behind Richie, DCL and Kean might be enough to give them this season, or id say Jan if brands done any business there on someone to push that area too.

RB is our biggest priority. Neither Coleman nor JJK are good enough in possession to adequately support the attack and JJK isn't really good enough defensively for the league. Don't need someone with blistering pace or a never ending engine, we just need a player that is sound in possession and good positionally.
I dont see Coleman as a big blaring danger sign the way i do Pickford. I agree its a priority tho.

LCB an older player on a 2 year contract to play alongside Holgate until hopefully one or both of Gibson and Branthwaite are ready.

RB age 23-26 5 year contract needs to be first choice material.

RW age 22-25 a left footed version of Richarlison so basically equally at home upfront.

LB either an older player on a 2 year contract so we can see how Nkounkou develops or a player in 22-24 age group who is coming in to challenge Digne right away.

If we got them 4 I would be really happy with this window. I would have also said goalkeeper but I think to get a new 1st choice Pickford has to go and I can't see that happening in this window. Next summer with all the fringe players out of contract I would also be looking to buy a finished article striker in the 24-26 age range.

Being greedy now but great if the keeper rumours are true . Not sure the thinking on right back as to whether it’s Seamus or Kenny who is getting the heave ho or either of them at all ..a quality signing there as well would be big bonus ..
The midfield was totally broken and I Think once fixed everything else around it will improve And bring some of the younger players on.
Excited again now ..

Status
Not open for further replies.