2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
People not getting the hatred for this guy?!

That's funny, cos I can't see how any blue can rate or ever forgive the fella for what he has done (or more importantly, hasn't done) in a blue shirt.

He's still our record signing (not his fault granted) and was signed as a key component and a senior pro for our side, who should have pushed us on to bigger and better things, especially as the team was initially set up to accommodate his special talents. The fraud never turned up, and for me has the biggest impact on how we play and the performances we have put up.

He never delivered (especially set pieces!), and even his best season was a blag, with so many missed opportunities/chances and crap performances, glossed over by a few blammos.

The lad is a master of getting himself marked and taken out of the game, the biggest coward on the pitch every time he steps out, and for a supposed playmaker has the least impact possible on how a team should play - how anyone can defend him is beyond me, especially after the derby display(s).

Give me Tommy D over this shithouse all day every day, and the hate that kid gets is a joke - he's a 22 yo academy grad who never shirks or goes missing for us, even with his limitations as a footballer.

Ghosty siggurdshite is the captain of his country, a senior experienced pro and our record signing who has stolen a living from us since he's been here - I can't wait til we never have to mention the fraud again, and pray he goes this window.

That's funny, cos I can't see how any blue can rate or ever forgive the fella for what he has done (or more importantly, hasn't done) in a blue shirt.

He's still our record signing (not his fault granted) and was signed as a key component and a senior pro for our side, who should have pushed us on to bigger and better things, especially as the team was initially set up to accommodate his special talents. The fraud never turned up, and for me has the biggest impact on how we play and the performances we have put up.

He never delivered (especially set pieces!), and even his best season was a blag, with so many missed opportunities/chances and crap performances, glossed over by a few blammos.

The lad is a master of getting himself marked and taken out of the game, the biggest coward on the pitch every time he steps out, and for a supposed playmaker has the least impact possible on how a team should play - how anyone can defend him is beyond me, especially after the derby display(s).

Give me Tommy D over this shithouse all day every day, and the hate that kid gets is a joke - he's a 22 yo academy grad who never shirks or goes missing for us, even with his limitations as a footballer.

Ghosty siggurdshite is the captain of his country, a senior experienced pro and our record signing who has stolen a living from us since he's been here - I can't wait til we never have to mention the fraud again, and pray he goes this window.
Not your cup of tea then?

Precisely this.

He has never once taken responsibility. He flits in and out of games, mostly out, with some of the laziest, half hearted flicks and over hit passes in a manner that screams "I do not want this ball, stop giving it to me", only further exacerbated by his incessant pointing and lack of movement to make space for himself or others.

I've said it before, anyone who had scored even a couple of the goals he has scored and is capable of, 40 yard volleys, screamers in off the bar, and even an Anfield Derby goal to boot, SHOULD be a hero at this point. The fact he isn't shows how disgustingly inept the rest of his game has been while he's been here.

And the worst part is, he doesn't even seem to be remotely embarrassed by it either.

Utter coward.

So you’d take Tom Davies,over Gylfi?

I know it’s about opinions, but hard to take you serious after that statement.

Get off the fence NathDogg!!

Summed up well with coward being the most apt description of him I think. On top of all of this, I cant get over the times he pulled out of 50/50 balls. Dont expect him to win every one, but expect him to try. But alas, he's a coward

So you’d take Tom Davies,over Gylfi?

I know it’s about opinions, but hard to take you serious after that statement.

I would too, every time. For all his faults, he always shows for the ball and wants to be involved. Sigurdsson on the other hand, couldn't be less interested. He begrudgingly accepts the ball when there is no other option. The rest of the time he is actively avoiding it.

I would go as far as saying that having Sigurdsson in the side has had a negative impact in Davies development, and the sooner he is gone, the better it will be, for us and for Davies.

Status
Not open for further replies.