Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was social media reporting Doucoure is still a long way off compared to these deals in which I highlighted Brands style of negotiating doesnt seem to work in England compared to overseas as seen with Zaha and Zouma last season.

Not saying Allan and James are not boss deals - I just dont get why its not permitted to discuss more than one thing without being labelled a killjoy.

Believe me I'll be knocking one out like the rest of you when Rodriguez signs officially.

(Not that I necessarily need an excuse to knock one out). :blush:
I don't think many clubs get good deals buying English players. Chelsea jut paid more for Chilwell than they did for werner. English clubs can be more stubborn due to the money they know they'll get for the TV rights.

This is the type of signing that ancelotti makes a massive difference in.

Whether he is still good or not, he is a superstar in the game, far more famous than many others even as a bit part player at real.

Next level stuff, I just hope he has the ability still to take us there. Richarlison is going to thrive playing alongside him.

534CE11D-2FBB-44D2-99B7-7F72AF1240FF.jpeg

Aye but my initial point was Brands still seems to go into negotiations with English clubs with the same strategy that he does in Europe however I personally dont think it works that way.

If a European club wants €30 million you often see clubs negotiate and drive that down - whereas when do you see that happen these days in England? You either pay £80 million for Maguire or you dont, likewise £70 million for Zaha, £50 million for Stones, God knows what for Grealish etc.

Im just skeptical that unless we offer a loanee to sweeten the deal as reported that we'll get Watford to lower their asking price certainly not until the windows nearly closed or Doucoure lashes in a transfer request.

English clubs simply dont need to sell players financially and I think when you look at the deals that Brands hasn't gotten over the line Gabriel aside they all seem English based sides/players compared to his successes overseas.

Remind me never to go to the negotiating table with you.

If, for instance, you are a billionaire looking to get a lot of money into a football club without having ffp on your back.
You can't give a massive sponsorship deal because there is no valid reason for the level of sponsorship to increase so dramatically .

The club in question sign the 4th most followed (on social media) footballer in the world. Is it now reasonable that the club in question can justify a massive increase in their sponsorship money? Asking for a friend.

It doesn't sound like he would work hard enough to play off the right . I reckon he'll play as a 10 and Richy will play wide left or right .

Status
Not open for further replies.