2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scrap the post. It doesn't work and it's not who we are as a club.

....I think it’s more about getting the right person in. I doubt there’s many managers these days who want the time consuming responsibility and the added scope of transfers, scouting, contracts, strategy etc.

Ancelotti will certainly provide his input on individuals, the conflict comes when he & the DoF are not on the same page (which was certainly the case with Koeman/Walsh).

....I think it’s more about getting the right person in. I doubt there’s many managers these days who want the time consuming responsibility and the added scope of transfers, scouting, contracts, strategy etc.

Ancelotti will certainly provide his input on individuals, the conflict comes when he & the DoF are not on the same page (which was certainly the case with Koeman/Walsh).
What actually does Brands do? He's a head scout, just as Walsh was.That's all he does. The manager at Everton just needs good advice on what's out there to augment his own ideas on who to bring in. Moyes and Jimmy Lumsden did that to good effect.

Everton aren't Real Madrid or some mega-brand organisation that we need to have a division of labour that frees the manager off to just be a coach.

It's a superfluous position at Everton. Since we've had it there's been a huge waste of cash and we've had a worse squad of players than we had under Moyes or Martinez, who had much less money.

What actually does Brands do? He's a head scout, just as Walsh was.That's all he does. The manager at Everton just needs good advice on what's out there to augment his own ideas on who to bring in. Moyes and Jimmy Lumsden did that to good effect.

Everton aren't Real Madrid or some mega-brand orgnaisation that we need to have a division of labour that frees the manager off to just be a coach.

It's a superfluous position at Everton. Since we've had it there's been a huge waste of cash and we've had a worse squad of players than we had under Moyes or Martinez who had much less money.

No single club in world football has won a trophy in the last 15 years that doesn't employ a DoF or somebody who performs that role.
Carlo Ancelotti has never managed a team that didn't have a DoF or somebody who performs that role.

But Dave, 53 from Wigan, thinks its a pointless role.

Everton aren't Real Madrid or some mega-brand organisation that we need to have a division of labour that frees the manager off to just be a coach.

It's a superfluous position at Everton. Since we've had it there's been a huge waste of cash and we've had a worse squad of players than we had under Moyes or Martinez, who had much less money.
Is that a serious question?

No single club in world football has won a trophy in the last 15 years that doesn't employ a DoF or somebody who performs that role.
Carlo Ancelotti has never managed a team that didn't have a DoF or somebody who performs that role.

But Dave, 53 from Wigan, thinks its a pointless role.
Winning a trophy? FFS, I think we need top 10 first.

And the DoF post is as good as their holders. Brands is a duff one. Ancelotti cant work with a man who pisses £200M up against a wall and makes him look daft.

Allan nearly done, James on the way. Good times ahead. Let’s just all be positive.

@MarcelsGoat @davek

2E9DDC5A-72AF-42AD-9929-134BE643B6DF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.