Confirmed Signing Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gbamin is unproven but I really like the sound of him and Doucoure in the center when we need abit of energy and strength.
If Gbamin comes good that's great. However, I just don't see how anybody can imagine a team with him in it. If he comes back, it's going to take months to recover his fitness and sharpness and he may never get back to where he was. None of this is his fault and some of the vitriol is totally unwarranted, but imagining him in the first team seems like fantasy to me. In my view, Doucoure is being bought as his replacement, not to play along side him.

If Gbamin comes good that's great. However, I just don't see how anybody can imagine a team with him in it. If he comes back, it's going to take months to recover his fitness and sharpness and he may never get back to where he was. None of this is his fault and some of the vitriol is totally unwarranted, but imagining him in the first team seems like fantasy to me. In my view, Doucoure is being bought as his replacement, not to play along side him.

I get that, I am talking about more next year. Lets not forget Coleman and Gomes had their foot hanging off and have returned to first team football. He may never get to the same level he was prior to injury but as its possible I do not get the "Fantasy" shout.

I get that, I am talking about more next year. Lets not forget Coleman and Gomes had their foot hanging off and have returned to first team football. He may never get to the same level he was prior to injury but as its possible I do not get the "Fantasy" shout.
Tbf hes only young so there's every reason to believe he will come back okay. Hard to judge given the injuries but you would like to think so

I think we will get this one and for a good price. Watford really have no choice now they are lower league (lmao again)

Gawd imagine our midfield with Allan, James and this lad. I might even get excited about the forthcoming season.

Watford aren't going to want him sticking around with a tit lip all season in the Championship, Think they're playing hard ball.

Fair enough, "fantasy" is probably too much but I think unlikely is fair.

Me thinks it will be a domino effect. James and Allan come in, Doucore becomes even more unsettled as a result and the price inevitably drops as we get closer to the new season.

I think we will get this one and for a good price. Watford really have no choice now they are lower league (lmao again)

Gawd imagine our midfield with Allan, James and this lad. I might even get excited about the forthcoming season.
They will have a choice because there will be other teams in for him no doubt. They will just sell to the highest bidder. I think if we want him just pay up and get him in ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.