Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you have to look at the domino effect of other recruitment as well mate, if we sign Allan & Doucoure or even Gbamin comes back, we have to be hopefull of holding and battling in the middle.

At times we haven’t given our forwards a platform to play, because our midfield was to often beaten or passed with ease. Our defenders far more on the gall then our midfielders or attackers.

A couple of right good, high energy battlers in the centeral channel and I think we will be playing more in the opposition half and getting our attacking players on the ball.

Yes all true, if we can sign the aforementioned 2 I think our team is very solid apart from right back (and possibly GK which is a different matter). I think we have a team at least, that is capable of competing for 5th if we get the above players in.

Yes all true, if we can sign the aforementioned 2 I think our team is very solid apart from right back (and possibly GK which is a different matter). I think we have a team at least, that is capable of competing for 5th if we get the above players in.
Big ask for 5th but we can dream. I think top half and then keep adding quality additions each pre seasonmay get us rising up the table and competing in cup competition. I want an Everton team which has quality and gives the top teams a hard time

Why? A loan makes a lot of ense to me, if he does well, we will offer him a full term deal.

There are pros and cons with both a loan and a 3 year deal.

Loan

Pro - We get to test it out, have his quality and if his injuries are a big enough issue there is no long commitment.
Con - In a years time if things go well we are leaving ourselves open in the sharkpool for a CL club to come in.

3 year deal

Pro - He's tied up for 3 years and can use his quality
Con - How bad will his injuries be?

There are FAIR arguments for and against both. Either will be good in my eyes, a loan with a contract in place if he plays x amount of games would be ideal but doubt that's even legal.

There are pros and cons with both a loan and a 3 year deal.

Loan

Pro - We get to test it out, have his quality and if his injuries are a big enough issue there is no long commitment.
Con - In a years time if things go well we are leaving ourselves open in the sharkpool for a CL club to come in.

3 year deal

Pro - He's tied up for 3 years and can use his quality
Con - How bad will his injuries be?

There are FAIR arguments for and against both. Either will be good in my eyes, a loan with a contract in place if he plays x amount of games would be ideal but doubt that's even legal.
3 year deal for me all day.

If it all comes to pass i'm really excited. Its the first time i remember in a long time the squad will be close to balanced with most positions not short. That and really exciting youngsters in Kean, Gordon and Brathwaite. I also think Carlo - like Leicester last season - with is tactical nous will turn a lot of one point games into wins.

Think we can have a fair swing at Europe, our target has to be finishing ahead of Leicester and Wolves.

We have to take him whatever way we can get him.
tumblr_m5i82qs3yg1rr7wnno1_400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.