Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that how we judge players now on whether spurs try to sign them ? Given they’ve bought Joe hart I see a flaw in your logic .

You even undermine your own argument in the second paragraph. These are two players who in Their best ever seasons we’ve seen the two of them score about the same number of league goals but king has five years on him yet you’re comparing them like it’s Kane rather than King and DCL.

Im not comparing anything bud - im simply stating if we are to be successful you need players who can make an impact off the bench

Giroud does it for Chelsea

Origi does it for Liverpool

Jesus does it for Man City

For the right price I would happily have King as someone to bring off the bench when we need a goal - Tosun isn't good enough and Kean still isnt anywhere near proven enough at this stage.

You then have everyone fawning over DCL based on a 3 month patch of goals in which following that he's gone around 10 games without scoring.

Papers saying the fat cheese head wants rid of Luis Suarez & is prepared to pay enormous amounts to buy out his contract (then no doubt pay triple price for a striker half as good...)....,but thank #### that’s not our problem anymore. Well, we’re still suffering the aftermath, but hey.

Wonder where he’ll end up?

Imagine the fume!
They are a club in free fall and he is going to be catastrophic for them. It’ll take them years to recover.

Im not comparing anything bud - im simply stating if we are to be successful you need players who can make an impact off the bench

Giroud does it for Chelsea

Origi does it for Liverpool

Jesus does it for Man City

For the right price I would happily have King as someone to bring off the bench when we need a goal - Tosun isn't good enough and Kean still isnt anywhere near proven enough at this stage.

You then have everyone fawning over DCL based on a 3 month patch of goals in which following that he's gone around 10 games without scoring.
The whole team was worse than bad through that period.
I understand people’s reservations about whether DCL can replicate his earlier form this season, but there is only one way to find out. Josh Kings record is patchy as well. Given the choice I’d go with DCL. With a proper midfield, I think he will have much more freedom and match this years exploits.

So what if he was on the bench, what do you think they were doing every day the week leading up to the game? And the Spurs game is still two weeks away?

Why are you constantly passive aggressive? Seriously, 90% of your posts are just going after a poster it is proper weird.

I’ve told you he hasn’t trained for three weeks and if you don’t see that as a problem, am not arsed, just telling you.

Seeing as we’ll be announcing a player in the next couple of days, I’ll say quite low myself.
Who, Allan? He hasn’t done any training, I’ll be surprised if he starts him without a couple of weeks training at least, probably play the Carabao Cup game the midweek after.
He was literally playing in the Champions League 2 weeks ago, of course he’s been training.
He was on the bench for a CL game over three weeks ago, they only went back to training this week.
So what if he was on the bench, what do you think they were doing every day the week leading up to the game? And the Spurs game is still two weeks away?

The spurs game is less than 2 weeks away and Allan will have to quarantine for 2 weeks won’t he? So he won’t be available for the Spurs game regardless?

I keep seeing comments about his knees. Where’s this come from? He’s had 1 significant knee injury that I can see in 17/18.

What’s this about both knees being shot?

Genuinely intrigued

‘Rumour‘ is that he has a chronic knee complaint, although after the ‘serious’ knee injury he got a while ago his wife said that it wasn’t as bad as Argentina were making it out to be and that it was their way of forcing him out of the international squad, the ‘condition’ has apparently come from this. Hopefully Everton’s gain? Sorry for all the ‘’

There’s also a potential issue over Romero and Dean Henderson being with the same sports agency and Henderson was apparently only prepared to go back to United on the basis he was No.1 blah blah blah.

No matter where it’s come from I would love Romero to come to Everton.

I only used the knee thing to add some weight to my punchline about pickfords wee arms - apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.