2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
People think we can afford to throw £50 million at a CF its not happening when there are about 7 other positions in need of strengthening.

For the fee rumoured Bournemouth want for him (£15-18 million) he would be a shrewd signing for any club.

If we could get Tosun out the door for a few bob we should be all over him.

We cant go into the season relying on DCL who has gone about 11 games without a goal and Kean who scored 2 goals all season.

An injury lay off to Richarlison and we are proper knackered up top.

Troy deeney for a season.
The purists wont like it.

I desperately want every player who plays for Everton to make it. I don’t see it happening for Moise.

I’d be surprised if he’s not back in Italy this window.
Yeah, I don't think he'll be here at the end of the window unless there's a late bid for Richarlison.

Loan with a view to buy would be my guess.

Just saw the highlights of yesterday's game and so I have all the evidence I need to write
that Keane looked as always - out of place and behind the game.

There really is no excuse for his signing by EFC .. especially as the same Brains Trust had already lashed out
on Iwobi who also always looks - out of place and behind the game.

Kean is awful won’t do anything here, but Josh king isn’t the answer either. Tricky. When Kean signed it was honestly so exciting, but there’s a reason Juve got rid, their analyst teams must of identified something wrong.
From memory, Juve tried to keep him and offered him a new contract which he didn't want to sign. They reluctantly sold to us as he was in the last year of his contract.

Don't agree at all. If the idea is 'he needs to get up to the pace of the English game' loaning him to an Italian club makes no sense.
I don't mean a development loan.

I think his time here is pretty much at an end, but it isn't always easy to convince clubs abroad to pay the sort of fee that Everton did.

I don't mean a development loan.

I think his time here is pretty much at an end, but it isn't always easy to convince clubs abroad to pay the sort of fee that Everton did.
Oh, got you. I still don't think he is done here. A) he's a kid in every sense of the word 2) we're not going to get the same fee back for him so might as well hold on to him and see where it gets us and ^) we might actually need him if DCL was a blip and not the norm.

He'll be fine. Unfortunately the pre season isn't a full one so that stunts the growth for early season. There's going to be a patch in the season where he'll score a bunch and everyone will stop worrying.

If we sell him now he's going to make us look a fool when he's 22/23

I think he'll be gone next summer. If he suddenly shows his potential, he'll get picked up by a champions League side.

If does poorly for a second season on the trot, he'll be loaned back to an Italian side.

Think he only signed a four year contract. A decision will have to be made in 12 months time.

Oh, got you. I still don't think he is done here. A) he's a kid in every sense of the word 2) we're not going to get the same fee back for him so might as well hold on to him and see where it gets us and ^) we might actually need him if DCL was a blip and not the norm.
I don't disagree with the logic there, but something has seemed off with his situation from the beginning. Considering the fee / level of competition up front, I was expecting to see Silva try and play him into form straightaway, like Lampard did with Abraham, but even when it looked as though a change of manager was inevitable, there was no desire to get Kean going. Since then, Ancelotti has shown that he doesn't feel he can trust him, either.

Eventually, I think that Project #DCL9 will have to be abandoned, but unless there's a change in formation, it seems more likely that Kean would be understudy to Richarlison if he stayed, as they're both better suited to playing off a target man in a 4-4-2.

Of course, I could be miles off, but between who his agent is, Everton's FFP woes and the fact that he probably still has wonderkid status in Italy, I just can't see him spending another year on the bench here.

This thread is wildly bi-polar.

He uploads a few shots of him working out and you get - "going to be massive for us this year, think he will really show his potential"

Puts a relatively poor showing in a game where our midfield are disgraceful, in his first game post holidays, and you get "will be gone before the window is out, why the hell would Brands buy a player that was considered to be one of the absolute brightest in world football"

Weird lot we are.

Let’s be honest on the whole he’s been a massive failure, young or not. I’m not saying we should write him off, but if we’d signed this fella from an English club he’d have been getting dogs abuse.
Like any player we sign, I judge him on what he does at Everton and not before.
He’s done a hell of a lot less at Everton than Vlasic and Lookman and they weren’t deemed good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.