Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha some folks on twitter saying we could be getting done for tapping up Doucoure! Surely we wouldn’t be talking to his agent if Watford hadn’t green lighted if after Silva.

I’m not so sure there’s much truth in it tbh. The links to Allan from fairly solid journos.

...I’m not overly bothered by goals return from central midfield. If the great mid-80s side is a blueprint, Reid and Bracewell offered very little from that perspective but they hunted in a pair which allowed others to play. Key will be goals and creativity from wide areas.
Problem being, the wide players we've got have shown no indication that they are capable of scoring or assisting 5 goals a season, nevermind more than that. And if we've spent £40/50m on central midfielders, and want a centre half and right back too, how much is left over for new wide players who will chip in?

He's a better ball winner if that's what we are looking for. Doucoure only makes sense in a 3 man midfield for me.

Thats because Capoue has been playing deep with Doucoure more advanced.

Doucoure has said in the past be prefers to be a defensive midfielder...

Problem being, the wide players we've got have shown no indication that they are capable of scoring or assisting 5 goals a season, nevermind more than that. And if we've spent £40/50m on central midfielders, and want a centre half and right back too, how much is left over for new wide players who will chip in?

....Richarlison and DCL will get their quota, Gordon could well chip in with a decent return as he strikes a ball really well and certainly has goalscoring capability.

It would be hard to argue that having Doucoure + Allan won't hugely improve our team. Different types of players but both are physical and athletic. Doucoure seemed to down tools when he did not get his big move to PSG when it was rumored. Compare that to how Gana responded and I'm a little worried about his attitude. Definitely talented though.

Other thing to note is that Southampton is supposedly lining up a £20m move for McKennie right now. I would imagine the price will be similar for Doucoure. I know who I'd be in for in that scenario.

It would be hard to argue that having Doucoure + Allan won't hugely improve our team. Different types of players but both are physical and athletic. Doucoure seemed to down tools when he did not get his big move to PSG when it was rumored. Compare that to how Gana responded and I'm a little worried about his attitude. Definitely talented though.

Other thing to note is that Southampton is supposedly lining up a £20m move for McKennie right now. I would imagine the price will be similar for Doucoure. I know who I'd be in for in that scenario.

There is NOBODY from Schalke we should be after. One of the most clueless football teams I’ve seen play in last few months.
Nearly all of their players have downed tools, and weak mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.