2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it stands survival is all I can hope for.

Will come back in October but as it stands comfortable survival will be a positive that and Liverpool winning nothing.

This is probably the first season I’ve genuinely decided I’m not bothering.

Yeah I'm a bit like that.

Look at these two photos:

1597693834777.png

1597693895642.png

No one is winning anything with that, not even Carlo.

If you expect anything but that this season then you are going to be very disappointed.
christ on a bike, come on,
Last season was interupted by a managerial change, Covid 19 and a massive injury crisis in one position leaving a hole in the team.
We still finished 12th and bedded in a couple of great young talents.
They've already cleared a lot of deadwood, more to come I reckon.

Even if you take the squad we have right now and have them all fit, we should be capable of Europa league.
Sheffield, Leicester and wolves all had great seasons when they had an established starting xi with no injuries.

We need a new center mid and cover (or starter) at right back and cover for left back. That's all we need.
It would be nice to get another midfielder/winger/striker/keeper in but we don't have to do that this window.

I think all the players who were awful last season are capable of putting a shift in if managed properly.
I think Siggi and Iwobi are central players and are wasted on the wings. Sure, they need to be upgraded but if they are not, we need to play to their strengths.

If we start the season with
..................Pickford
coleman, keane, holgate, Digne
..Delph (or JPG if fit), Gomes
Richarlison, Sigurdsson, kean
....................DCL

A bench of Kenny, Mina, Branthwait, Gordon, Davies, Bernard (how many are allowed on the bench now anyway?)

We should be getting top half

If you throw in Allan, Lozano and Rodriguez
we should get Europe and a cup final.

This squad without Carlo? Genuine relegation contenders.
With Carlo? Mid table.
Four incomings with Carlo? Now we're talking European contenders.

My faith in Marcel and the board is waning, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.