Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've always been waiting to do transfers. Pre Moshiri I think we used to get a bridging loan in advance of the TV money. I imagine with cashflow it isn't much different nowadays. It might still be so.

I'm not particularly bothered by it as long as everything is not left to the last day/week. You can still do deals of course and get lucky but it indicates poor planning or no plan, and more than a touch of desperation which is open to exploitation.

We are takers rather than makers in the market unfortunately and that means being dependent on other activity elsewhere happening first. It's all trickle-down in this market. Deadline day should only be used for loans/frees, to top up what we can't get elsewhere.

Things should pick up shortly. If we had two players in by month-end it would be reasonable enough, and then maybe add another and a loan later.

Thats true, but sometimes it's also about buying a player who fits, and who is comfortable in what your plan is with them. I read Big Nevs book again, and what strikes me, is he was comfortable with maybe not starting immediately, and working his way into the team, so he didn't become demoralised.

In my lifetime, I thought Joe Royle not onlysigned some good players, but also players the team needed and where there was a clear plan for how to use them.

Thats the issue here, where do the players fit? Under Walsh, I really wasn't sure. We are getting better and I do think we were a little unlucky last summer with a couple of injuries.

Silva clearly wanted Gbamin and Gomes to be his midfield sitting two with Delph as first back up. Gueye and Gomes has played well the year before. It wasn’t Brands, Silva or Ancelotti’s fault that all three missed the majority of the season. Injuries on the whole were pretty bad. To add to those three, Holgate missed a chunk, Bernard and Iwobi did at the start, Walcott missed a large amount. It’s only really been Digne Richarlison and Calvert Lewin our of the players the manager would probably see in his first 11 that have been consistently available all season. They’ve had to be supported by Davies Schneiderlin Siggurdson, players the managers probably didn’t envisage getting a lot of game time this year.

Hello mein frandelinos and welcome to the first summer edition of the 2020 Weasel Index.

1597574295616.png

Are you good with the photoshop? Do you want to put some Weasels in amusing images? Please let me know.

There have been no new posters on GrandOldTeam.com since 2016 - new accounts are now returning multis. But if for some reason you are unaware of the Weasel Index, I can inform you. It is a faultless, 100% accurate record of individuals who claim ITK transfer knowledge (hereafter "Weasels") on GrandOldTeam.com and is a hugely popular tool. Here are some recent rave reviews:

@Bluebonic

I used to come on here and read up what people who knew more about world football that I do thought of our potential targets. Some good shouts, some dodgy shouts and some Charles Manson level doolally shouts, but always enjoyable nonetheless. But I think Orly and his weasel index has effectively killed this chat as everybody is scarred to get indexed, I find that a little sad, As it makes this forum slightly less enjoyable. So can we get back to unleashing the mad, bad and the mildly bewildered for a few days, perhaps run a weasel amnesty? Just to lighten the mood and get back to the pre-index levels of gibberish and delusion?

@tonka1878

You and others are why people don't share any information.

@roydo

I think if folks use the Bellend Index, they will be ok.

As ever, 10 points for a Weaseling (a rumour), accumulative until the end of the transfer window. Public. There for all to see.

But if the rumour is right, the Origin of the Weasel (the prime rumourer) goes directly onto The Mole10 Glory List . We are currently at a Mole Count of zero.

This season, we are of course not allowed to link to CRUSH CRUSH CRUSH named Everton Twitter personalities. This is at direct request of the owner of leading Everton Frandelsite FrandOldTeam.com .

But if the Weasels pop their head up on our lawn, we must tag them. And yet also, we must care for them.

Our early sightings:

@Catfish Blues lands a catch - Branislav Ivanovic self-Indexing. I don't make the rules.

From https://www.republika.rs/sport/fudb...pskom-sampionu-ivanovic-niko-nije-zvao-zvezdu

- Karijeru ću verovatno nastaviti u Evertonu, od njih sam dobio dobru ponudu. Videću još kako će se stvari odvijati - rekao je Ivanović drugarima u Hrvatskoj.
Luckily, I know a bit of the lingo, so I've translated it for you ...

- I will probably continue my career at Everton, I received a good offer from them. I will see how things will turn out - Ivanovic told his friends in Croatia.

The Prime Weasel himself, @Raino85 , is ready to breed again. Hjojberg 100% in the Weasel-bag. Except that he wasn't.

Ignore Matt Law

Hojbjerg is and has been done

@Ian Lane is not a Reguilón poster. He brings in the Echo as back up, and strangely, Son Heung-Min.

New signing, from Seville;

Regulilionne

Confirmed by the Liverpool Echo.

Son told me before!!!

Buzzing :) ;)

@Blue Cally serving up some fragelistic transfer hot stuff. He follows it up with prime ITK second third and fourth helpings. This is real Weasel stuff. Just so good.

(Two weeks ago)

I have just been told by a very reliable source that this and the Allan deals are nearly done

I’m not looking for ITK status on GOT, I just occasionally share what I get told from a very reliable source, Most the time I am reluctant to share because I know and have seen what it can be like on here when anyone shares info.

The stadium pics was solid info to share because I had photo evidence, with transfers it can be not as solid and many things can go wrong but I have been told Gabriel & Allan are close to being done.

Please don’t hound me like a witch hunt if anything does go wrong and they don’t happen because I generally love GOT and check on here everyday even if I don’t post everyday. I love reading people’s opinions on here and looking for any transfer talk I’m not privy to.

I’m just an Evertonian like you all that loves and wants the best for our club.

^^^^ this is top of the line, Prime Weasel level content. This is what brings them to FrandOldTeam.com

There are NO confirmed signings and NO Moles as of 16/08/2020.

Current Weasel Index Scores:

@Blue Cally - 10 Weasel Points
@Ian Lane - 10 Weasel Points
@Raino85 - 10 Weasel Points
@Catfish Blues - 10 Weasel Points

The Weasel Hunters

Welcome back to our top Friends of the Weasels. You make the Index what it is. The summers of 2017 and 2018 were your time. Now, you are seasoned veterans. Remember to tag your sightings with Index please.

Not-so-frandely with the Index?

There are less than five confirmed malcontents, Index Deniers if you will. They have - to a poster - been outed as Weasels in the past. Make of that what you will.

However if you have a complaint, I have set up a survey captcha form for you to fill in, anonymously. You can find it here and I welcome your feedback.

Silva clearly wanted Gbamin and Gomes to be his midfield sitting two with Delph as first back up. Gueye and Gomes has played well the year before. It wasn’t Brands, Silva or Ancelotti’s fault that all three missed the majority of the season. Injuries on the whole were pretty bad. To add to those three, Holgate missed a chunk, Bernard and Iwobi did at the start, Walcott missed a large amount. It’s only really been Digne Richarlison and Calvert Lewin our of the players the manager would probably see in his first 11 that have been consistently available all season. They’ve had to be supported by Davies Schneiderlin Siggurdson, players the managers probably didn’t envisage getting a lot of game time this year.
Spot on. Sometimes we forgot how much injuries do affect us badly at times.

What was the name of that keeper who had a stinker for the u 23's about 5 years? Video of his performance went viral, I'm sure he even chucked the ball in his own net

I can anticipate that we'll start getting some better, more solid transfer info from now on with the 'pre season' starting this week.

Yessss, not a transfer window without us signing a yoing foreign keeper... Who will never get near the no. 1 spot.

Not one keeper we've bought for the youth team has ever made it close ha
You are right but to be fair Ruddy played for England and Turner got into the Scotland squad a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.