Confirmed Signing Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me for not taking Gocompare as gospel regarding Premier League football clubs insurance.

The main reason I suspect it doesn't happen is that NEVER have I seen on any clubs balance sheet "insurance payment".

I mean think about us this season.

Gomes, Gmblammo, Mina, Delph all spent quite a bit of time out the side, those players earn around 300k a week in wages, a months wage is 1.2m, surely somewhere in our accounts it would show it as income, no?
don’t take anything as gospel, I’m no professional just giving what I’ve experienced at a football club.

I can’t pretend to know the ins and outs, just my experience at a football club (championship at the time). It makes sense as footballers are seen as assets to the clubs so you’d want to protect those assets as much as you could just like we’d protect our car, valuables etc.

I wouldn’t know where to look in any accounts though if I’m honest. I don’t pretend I’d know the first thing about searching a football clubs published accounts. I find the tea sheet on a Saturday a tough enough read...
We pay insurance alright, it’s in the accounts. But you can insure anything and obviously the policy detail isn’t disclosed. There are definitely cases around the world of sports people being insured by their clubs for wages, wasn’t there an issue with the Yankee’s and Alex Rodriguez a few years ago when he wanted to come back from injury and the Yankies wanted to maintain he was injured as the insurance would pick up his full 25 mill wage if he was out for a full season.

Its an interesting one, Im sure someone on here knows for certain. Doesn’t seem like a lot of clarity out there on it. If there is I’m sure it’s not universal either, with perhaps percentages being paid by insures/clubs etc, I’d say it varies.
You actually have it completely right, they tried to stall his return from injury bc he was washed and they would have been better off cashing in on the insurance money then paying his wages. Baseball, like most American sports, is a labor (sorry, labour) nightmare.

Stay on topic please

Stay on topic please

Point taken, not sure we were wildly off topic though the point grew from discussing Allan, to our midfield cohort and the need to sell, our cost base, to insurance on wages on Gbamin, it’s a natural progression of variables as they relate to the team and squad and all Everton and football related.

But respectful apologies if we differ in interpretation.

Last edited:
I did apologise already but it did stem from a genuine post regarding Gblammo.
Point taken, not sure we were wildly off topic though the point grew from discussing Allan, to our midfield cohort and the need to sell, our cost base, to insurance on wages on Gbamin, it’s a natural progression of variables as they relate to the team and squad and all Everton and football related.

But respectful apologies if we differ in interpretation.

Consider it a bit preemptive to avoid you carrying on ;)

If we were going to play 3 in midfield could see Allan and another DM with Gomes in a slightly more advanced role. Gomes clearly can pick a pass or whip a ball in. Take away defensivel responsibility and he could be a big asset.

Main issue I see with that though is we’d need more goals all across the front three.

If we were going to play 3 in midfield could see Allan and another DM with Gomes in a slightly more advanced role. Gomes clearly can pick a pass or whip a ball in. Take away defensivel responsibility and he could be a big asset.

Main issue I see with that though is we’d need more goals all across the front three.

Gomes is allergic to passing and running in a forward direction.

At the highest-earning end of the sports spectrum, Premier League footballers are generally insured by their clubs so that wages can be paid for at least 18 months during a period of injury.

Generally, though, this will not include bonuses - for winning trophies, promotion, individual matches, or even scoring goals.

Typically, individual players take out their own personal insurance which covers loss of income as well as the long-term career risks through serious injury or illness.

Most of these policies would cover up to five times a player's earnings so that a £60,000-a-week player would be insured for £15m.

They do goat. It does seem bizarre but like every insurance company, the payouts will be more than covered by the premiums they get in total.

I had always wondered where a football club stands with players getting injuries.I can’t remember who it was at Burnley (wages aren’t astronomical it the princippe is the same) But definitely covered a long injury.

so basically we would be better off hiring someone to break bolasie, Sandro, davies, delph, tuson, Pickford, Walcott and Iwobi A’s legs so relative ourselves of paying wages...we should start a whip round

Status
Not open for further replies.