Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has and always will infuriate me. Points in August(Sept this year) count JUST as much as points in May. "Lets wait until the season is about to begin and we can't use those players we bring in anyways because they need time to get up to speed"? So we sacrifice any of our early matches and have to be subjected to seeing the worst possible players I've ever seen for Everton for the first X matches.

I'm not saying that's the mentality I agree with or want to see. I want players signed in pre-season, ideally right at the start of it or now.

But there's loads of factors in play that may mean that's not possible for the targets we have. Some of that may be the club's doing. Some of it won't be.

In the case of the targets we know of:

1. Hojbjerg - we wanted him, but he said no. Dropped our interest.
2. Gabriel - had a deal agreed in principle, due to COVID and likely due to realising we had bigger priorities than CB once footy restarted/Gbamin got another injury, we have tried to renegotiate. We'll have to see what happens.
3. Allan - only mentioned in Italian media, but a lot of links. His season has just finished.

In the case of the latter two, if they were to come in, then Gabriel has been training, but not playing, non-stop since the end of June/start of July. He'll be fit, just not match sharp, but again that won't make any difference because the rest of our squad are the same. So whether he comes in now, or in two weeks' time, there's very little difference.

Allan - he won't be in until September regardless even if he signs tomorrow. You'd think he'd have 2-3 weeks off like the rest of them.

Seen this on socials this morning, not sure if it’s correct but there is one team that doesn’t belong. The amount of money wasted is a joke.
D0F616CC-061D-4B84-89D6-5AE630055E9B.jpeg

Numerous articles from Italy saying the same this morning. We’ve heard it all before though and there’s no way we’ve either got, 40 million euros or willing to pay it. It’ll be far less than that surely otherwise this deal just isn’t happening.

80 grand a week :D hope he hasnt read Grandoldteam that Schneiderlin was on 120 grand :D

Numerous articles from Italy saying the same this morning. We’ve heard it all before though and there’s no way we’ve either got, 40 million euros or willing to pay it. It’ll be far less than that surely otherwise this deal just isn’t happening.

If we pay something like £25m that will be a four year contract definitely.

I think €20mil with a 3 year deal and we have an option of a 4th year.

Status
Not open for further replies.