Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read the article carefully it doesn’t say we need to sell to raise funds. It says we need to cull a bloated squad and cut the wage bill.

There is a difference there in my opinion, FFP.

Aye but he knows what he is doing - no one is expecting us to sign 5 players and sell no one - but to be posting none stop articles of how precarious our finances are when he has no clear as to what our business ultimately will be is really annoying and very click baity.

Maybe Carlo will give players a like Iceland and Bernard a tough pre season and a kick up the arse then they will finally start earning there wages.
On paper we have a decent team but most of them are just sluggish and lazy.

Nothing to suggest Sigurdsson will do anything other than last season, Carlo can’t click his fingers and turn him into Zidane.

Toxic expectations of our manager will see him bounced out

When we start dead slow come back and @ me

We'd probably start dead slow regardless.

I don't think having players signed now before pre-season has even started would really impact that?

Let's say we sign Allan – he's just finished the season with Napoli. So he wouldn't be in until probably the first week of September even if he signed now.

Gabriel hasn't played football in 6 months. The first week of our pre-season will all be fitness work you'd imagine – well he's been doing plenty of that as they returned to training in France in July.

Yeah but a club looking to be competieve doesn’t look to cut its wage bill in a third?

It definitely does, no club that wants to be competitive can have a squad were many of its high earners are irrelevant and sent out on loan. Nor can it build another layer of players over those players to compensate for the others. Nor is our turnover to wage sustainable.

That’s before we talk FFP compliance.

Simply put adding to our cost base is suicidal without outs. Honestly Brands and the board aren’t doing their job unless they make us leaner. The periphery of our squad is a basket case. For example selling Bernard, Bolaise and Sandro would save the club 20 million next year and what ever we get in fees.

Oh, i thought we were just doing deals in general.

Well of course there's loads of deals which have happened - but none exactly groundbreaking was my point, other than Ziyech/Werner which are two excellent players but it's not like we'd ever have been in for them and they were done months ago (Ziyech in January).

I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice for us to appear to have our house in order. But in no way am I surprised that nothing has been done yet. And there's loads of reasons for that - some of which are down to Everton/Brands etc, and others which will be out of the club's control.

It definitely does, no club that wants to be competitive can have a squad were many of its high earners are irrelevant and went out on loan. Nor can it build another layer of players over those players to compensate for the others. Nor is our turnover to wage sustainable.

Simply put adding to our cost base is suicidal without outs. Honestly Brands and the board aren’t doing their job unless the make is leaner. The periphery of our squad is a basket case. For example selling Bernard, Bolaise and Sandro would save the club 20 million next year and what ever we get in fees.

By all means cut it but by that much you aren’t competing in this league sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.