2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well its not only Everton is it?

Lots of clubs have bought rubbish players.

We are doing a very good job at becoming the masters of it.
28m bolasi
25m tosun
25m scheirderlin
50m sigurdsson
30m pickford
30m keane

Name me another club who have had worse recruitment than Everton.

Ah fella come on. Stop with the head in the sand. No club in world football would have payed 30m for him. Even ancelotti binned him off out the squad at the end.
The most ludicrous fee payed for a mind numbingly mediocre player.
Only Everton. Only Everton.
Idiots.

It's less than we paid for Sigurdsson 2 years prior who was older and was never going to make a return on his investment.

I'll say it again, I didn't particularly want us to sign him either, but I haven't written him off to the extent that you have, after 1 bizarre, interrupted season, playing with practically no midfield, in several positions, under 3 managers. At 24, he still has the potential to turn it around, or at least make a return on his investment. He would be some way down my list of priorities to get rid of, unless we could find a buyer and we could reinvest in another player, something that would be far more unlikely when trying to shift some of the actual deadwood we are being strangled by.

It's less than we paid for Sigurdsson 2 years prior who was older and was never going to make a return on his investment.

I'll say it again, I didn't particularly want us to sign him either, but I haven't written him off to the extent that you have, after 1 bizarre, interrupted season, playing with practically no midfield, in several positions, under 3 managers. At 24, he still has the potential to turn it around, or at least make a return on his investment. He would be some way down my list of priorities to get rid of, unless we could find a buyer and we could reinvest in another player, something that would be far more unlikely when trying to shift some of the actual deadwood we are being strangled by.

We overpayed for sigurdsson by about 30m.
Thats the point really. We're not just over paying by a bit. Its grossly over paying.
Iwobi wasnt good at Arsenal. A few arsenal fans liked him because he came through the ranks and was a gooner. The honest ones knew what he was. Over rated pap.
They've had our pants down. But like i say whats done is done.
The concern is will brands sanction more iwobi type deals.

The man is being expected to shift £60 Million off our wage bill before we can buy anyone. The way it reads says we need to have a wage bill of £100 Million so even more so to buy anyone.

That’s just £1.5 Million a week.

So that’s around 15-20 player.

Good luck lad
I’ve been super critical of him, but if he’s being told to shift that amount he’s being dealt a ridiculous hand.

What now for this club?
Pipe dream, I feel sorry for him now.

If I walked into a job and was told you have to cut the wage bill by a third and back a manager I wouldn’t even bother not worth my mental health
Yeah I am, seeing as you’re all Kenwright sheep.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha rich aren’t we lads?
Get the wages close to £100m. So having a £160m wage bill hasn’t made us successful but having a £100m wage bill will?

All the Top 6, which we were supposed to be trying to compete with, have wage bills larger than £160m.

It’s now a cost cutting exercise by Moshiri. He’s pulling the plug and settling for merely staying in the league.
Helpful is you want to make money not helpful if you want to Compete
You have to replace them though.... sound get rid of all the crap but you still need to reinvest it in other player who are actually good?

There are 19 contracts expiring in the next 2 summers.

Im really not sure what the issue of a long term goal of £100mil is?

23 in Brands ideal squad size
Avg weekly salary £83,600

If you dont think thats competitive then im not really sure what youre expecting...

There are 19 contracts expiring in the next 2 summers.

Im really not sure what the issue of a long term goal of £100mil is?

23 in Brands ideal squad size
Avg weekly salary £83,600

If you dont think thats competitive then im not really sure what youre expecting...
100m is nowhere near enough to compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.