2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
68670AFF-82E1-4786-8781-7D7515FD87AE.jpeg

Get the wages close to £100m. So having a £160m wage bill hasn’t made us successful but having a £100m wage bill will?

All the Top 6, which we were supposed to be trying to compete with, have wage bills larger than £160m.

It’s now a cost cutting exercise by Moshiri. He’s pulling the plug and settling for merely staying in the league.
Still too many players in the squad, so yes trimming it will - indirectly - help raise the quality.

It's easy to say noone else wouldve paid that for him, because noone else did. Doesn't mean they wouldn't though.

Like I said, you might not rate him, and that's fair. I said in my initial post that he wouldn't have been my choice either. But he was obviously a choice that Brands and Silva made between them. If he cost that much to sign, that's how much we had to pay.

The unrealistic expectations on Brands are just as insane as the contradictory rules he has to work to.

Ah fella come on. Stop with the head in the sand. No club in world football would have payed 30m for him. Even ancelotti binned him off out the squad at the end.
The most ludicrous fee payed for a mind numbingly mediocre player.
Only Everton. Only Everton.
Idiots.

Actually a smaller wage bill is better for the club long term. We could remove Bernard, Siggy, Walcott, Pickford, Tosun out and we’d be close to getting a good way to 100 Million a year.

You have to replace them though.... sound get rid of all the crap but you still need to reinvest it in other player who are actually good?

Get the wages close to £100m. So having a £160m wage bill hasn’t made us successful but having a £100m wage bill will?

All the Top 6, which we were supposed to be trying to compete with, have wage bills larger than £160m.

It’s now a cost cutting exercise by Moshiri. He’s pulling the plug and settling for merely staying in the league.

Get to the stadium being built, bring in Ancelotti hope his quality can make up the gap.

This is all going very Rafael Benitez at Newcastle this.

they soon realised they could pay someone half as much for the same results

Ah fella come on. Stop with the head in the sand. No club in world football would have payed 30m for him. Even ancelotti binned him off out the squad at the end.
The most ludicrous fee payed for a mind numbingly mediocre player.
Only Everton. Only Everton.
Idiots.

Well its not only Everton is it?

Lots of clubs have bought rubbish players.

Status
Not open for further replies.