Time To Break FFP?

Is it time to take the hit and break FFP?

• Yes

Votes: 153 70.2%
  • No

Votes: 51 23.4%
  • Maybe (give Brands 1 more window)

Votes: 14 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the world doesn't end if you break them.
The type of player we are hoping to attract will want to play regular European football.
W e are going to try to attract them with the lure of the manager and the promise of a project which is only getting started.

Being banned from Europe, or having the threat of a European ban would not be a good way to sell ourselves to players.

City did win their case, but not easily, up to the time of the verdict I think most people thought they would lose.
I don't think FFP has been dismantled because of the City verdict, I think more needs to be done for that to happen.

Lets face facts, FFP isn't the reason that we aren't spending, it's because those in charge don't want to.

We probably would spend if we could get someone who was decent enough to be a sure thing. Problem is the players we are after are also on other clubs radars that offer more than we can at the moment - in terms of European football and have probably won a few trophies since we last did.

The type of player we are hoping to attract will want to play regular European football.
W e are going to try to attract them with the lure of the manager and the promise of a project which is only getting started.

Being banned from Europe, or having the threat of a European ban would not be a good way to sell ourselves to players.

City did win their case, but not easily, up to the time of the verdict I think most people thought they would lose.
I don't think FFP has been dismantled because of the City verdict, I think more needs to be done for that to happen.

As I said, Moshiri is a competent enough accountant that he could get around FFP with his eyes closed if he wished. But there are plenty of other clubs who have not abided by FFP and they have been given nothing but a slap on the wrist.

Wolves have not abided by FFP. They are now our competitors if not our peers. They were in a Uefa Cup quarter final last night rather than being in League One like they were a few years ago, so I don't think they are all that bothered about their little FFP fine. They have taken their FFP 'punishment' in their stride.

Being bottom half no marks whilst watching the RS win everything in sight is a far worse punishment than any little FFP fine.

Past spending has nothing to do with future spending.
There is some truth in this as long as over time your income covers your spending. It's a bit hard to maintain that stance when you're riddled with debt, want a new 64" telly on tick and need to build a new house too.

As I said, Moshiri is a competent enough accountant that he could get around FFP with his eyes closed if he wished. But there are plenty of other clubs who have not abided by FFP and they have been given nothing but a slap on the wrist.

Wolves have not abided by FFP. They are now our competitors if not our peers. They were in a Uefa Cup quarter final last night rather than being in League One like they were a few years ago, so I don't think they are all that bothered about their little FFP fine. They have taken their FFP 'punishment' in their stride.

Being bottom half no marks whilst watching the RS win everything in sight is a far worse punishment than any little FFP fine.
They also could sort out their FFP "issues" in about 2 weeks by selling 2 of their players for significantly more than they bought them for..

They also could sort out their FFP "issues" in about 2 weeks by selling 2 of their players for significantly more than they bought them for..
If , we are able to sell a couple of players like Tosun, Besic and maybe Sigurdsson together with the savings in wages made from their sales and the players already gone then we would have quite a bit of leeway in the transfer market.
If we chose to sell one of our better players then I think we would have lots of room to spend.
Last season our net spend was about 35m. I am not certain that FFP is a massive limiting factor for us.
Spending money and getting players to join is.

They got off on technicalities, a 5 year cut off..etc...etc..., not on innocence.

That seems to be a common mis conception. There was no mention of a technicality, nor only being the 5 year delay. It was a factor, but not the only one. The far bigger one was that the case against City was thrown out.

Status
Not open for further replies.