Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links with Jhon Cordoba yesterday, a Colombian striker from FC Koln, valued at around 10 million euros, Leeds and West Brom also linked, Wolves were apparently interested earlier in the window. If we sell Tosun, I could see us buying another CF as I think we need 4 strikers when playing 442.

I would imagine if he came to us he would be 4th choice where as Leeds and West Brom he would be first or second choice. Tosun has been linked with West Brom today for a similar price £10m

I happened to see him live earlier in the season. He wasn't bad - big, physical presence - but there wasn't a lot of finesse there, so I don't think he'd offer much more than what you get from Calvert-Lewin.

I've been banging on about their right-back ever since, though. He was brilliant.

Last 4, or previous 20. Just different types of disappointment really! Carlo as manager is the best thing to happen in all that time. Hopefully gets the money to spend he was obviously promised.

I don't understand the insistence by some to blame Bill Kenwright for everything wrong with Everton including the last four years when he hasn't even been in control of the club.

There is no doubt that we have gone backwards in the last four seasons under Moshiri, our finishing positions in the league are proof of this.
I think it has all come down to making the wrong managerial appointments in Koeman and Marco Silva in particular.
Hopefully that has now been rectified.
Probably because he's been the one constant throughout the worst period in the club's history, and he's also still the chairman.

Excellent player, I'd have him in a heartbeat. CBA taking the 30 seconds to Google what his wages are, though, but I bet they're massive.

400k a week apparently .. also note that wages in Italy are usually quoted as after tax. Not sure if it’s 400 before or after but I don’t think it really matters as we aren’t paying even half of any of them numbers

Having watched FC Copenhagen give a really good account of themselves against Man Utd last night I had a look at their full squad market value (24 players). According to 'Transfermarkt' the TOTAL value of the Copenhagen squad is approx 38m euros (approx £34).
It's disconcerting that for less than the price of a Sigurdsson they have managed to assemble a squad that played pressing, attractive and at times attacking football. My current dislike of our players wouldn't be so pronounced if they could have at least tried to perform to these levels, even if we still finished 12th.
There are obviously players in lesser leagues, although not household names, who could perform at a higher level given the chance. I'm not suggesting that we fill our squad with unknown Vikings, on the off chance they all become stars but it would be nice if we could unearth an uncut diamond every now and then. I don't pretend to know who those players are but they do exist.........we can't afford to disregard promising players from lower divisions or lesser leagues......over to you Marcel

Status
Not open for further replies.