Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't come as a surprise if we don't sign him. It's the player who is next on the list, if we have a list, that's more of a concern. We have to have viable, quality options for each position targeted.

All or nothing isn't a strategy for a squad that needs so much work. Nor is waiting to sort out a loan or a panic buy on deadline day.

We are going to struggle in any scenario of this type, with clubs we cannot compete against even in reputational terms.

I can understand in these circumstances why it seems we drag our heels and it looks here like we put the groundwork in early and were unfortunate with events.

It won't come as a surprise if we don't sign him. It's the player who is next on the list, if we have a list, that's more of a concern. We have to have viable, quality options for each position targeted.

All or nothing isn't a strategy for a squad that needs so much work. Nor is waiting to sort out a loan or a panic buy on deadline day.

We are going to struggle in any scenario of this type, with clubs we cannot compete against even in reputational terms.

I can understand in these circumstances why it seems we drag our heels and it looks here like we put the groundwork in early and were unfortunate with events.

We will sign Scott Dann for £16m on deadline day.

I just can’t see Arsenal coughing up the money this week when they want that Thomas Partey and I reckon they need to get rid of a couple of their centre backs before they sign any.

If it’s true that Gabriel is going to move this week then I reckon we’re more likely than Arsenal.

Cue Everton offering them £20m for Maitland Niles

Says we have a faint chance of singing him and reading around the article we basically need Arsenal to mess it up or can’t find the money.
It's from a broadsheet, so you'd imagine it has some gravity to it.

Wrong, it's pure conjecture on the writers part.

The only 'fact' is we pulled out of the deal in March.

Guessing (even in a proper newspaper) is still guessing.

Gabriel decision making.png

I would like to think that with a player it's about wanting to win things, playing in Europe etc, maybe he doesn't see that happening with us.
Tbf the player himself has said all along he wanted to play for a club that is competing for trophies and playing in Europe, that's not us. I really think this has long gone and we should look elsewhere as it really does look like he is waiting for a better offer to come in.

Tbf the player himself has said all along he wanted to play for a club that is competing for trophies and playing in Europe, that's not us. I really think this has long gone and we should look elsewhere as it really does look like he is waiting for a better offer to come in.

It's looked like that for a long time tho....and no better offer has come in so far.

People love the old 'if he wanted to sign for us he would be here already' shout. But you can apply exactly that in reverse.

'If he actually had better offers than everton on the table and other clubs were prepared to sign him he would be there by now'

It's looked like that for a long time tho....and no better offer has come in so far.

People love the old 'if he wanted to sign for us he would be here already' shout. But you can apply exactly that in reverse.

'If he actually had better offers than everton on the table and other clubs were prepared to sign him he would be there by now'
Oh i agree 100% i just get the impression we are chasing a player who is not that keen on us that's all.

He's probably got his heart set on joining one of the clubs sniffing round him who have yet to make a concrete offer, so he is biding his time.

Oh i agree 100% i just get the impression we are chasing a player who is not that keen on us that's all.

Unfortunately can’t blame him but that where Carlo and Brands earn their £.

Gabriel could come and be a starter every week, and with Richarlison here and making his way into the national side it’s a great platform and I imagine we will pay him well.

It's from a broadsheet, so you'd imagine it has some gravity to it.

Wrong, it's pure conjecture on the writers part.

The only 'fact' is we pulled out of the deal in March.

Guessing (even in a proper newspaper) is still guessing.

Italian paper saying he's waiting for Napoli to sort out their non-Eu player quota(selling Koulibally and Lozano) then he'll sign for them.
I'm almost past the point of caring.
Just sign for someone you plank so we can all move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.