2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club has massively reduced income and a huge wage bill.

Hows that relevant in this case where weve already (supposedly) agreed terms for a player?

Wage budget or structure wont have changed since it was agreed.

Income doesnt affect the terms of the deal.

The price has gone up, we have other needs.

10% chance he signs IMO.

Thats the point though. It was all agreed then Brands went back to renegotiate on €5mil.

Very high risk strategy and with one year on his contract he will need to pull off a blinder this summer.

Thats the point though. It was all agreed then Brands went back to renegotiate on €5mil.

Very high risk strategy and with one year on his contract he will need to pull off a blinder this summer.

He doesn't renegotiate by his own wishes, those in charge of finance will tell him the potential changes to our cash flow and how it might affect what is available for us in the market overall bar sales. Any projection for getting some half-decent sales has also become more difficult.

He doesn't renegotiate by his own wishes, those in charge of finance will tell him the potential changes to our cash flow and how it might affect what is available for us in the market overall bar sales. Any projection for getting some half-decent sales has also become more difficult.

If you believe that the finance department would have contacted brands with a clear and concise alternative accounting projection that would potentially cause such severe cashflow issues (with loans from banks being pulled and credit being terminated) that we couldnt sign a player as he was €5mil more expensive...

Then that would be bewildering.

It seems pretty clear at this point that Gabriel was good to go but Brands went back to renegotiate thinking he could save the club some money on the deal...

From that moment if indecisiveness until now theres been no deal agreed with Lille. For one of our prime targets its pure stupidity for the sake of €5mil if he ends up elsewhere.

Patience and a little faith needed but it's understandable people are frustrated given the season we've just endured. Everyone is desperate for an 'Ancelotti' signing and rightly so, hopefully we've upped a level in targets due to the manager in charge. Only thing is the short turnaround, it bothers me as we didn't look fresh at all after a couple of months off.

Seeing as Moshiri and Usmanov are making huge amount of money at the moment i dont think thats true

mate
absolutely true. Unless you’re a Man Cirt where money can be pumped to no consequence, al clubshave had to be careful. We have weathltnowner /owners but have hands tied with getting that money in

If you believe that the finance department would have contacted brands with a clear and concise alternative accounting projection that would potentially cause such severe cashflow issues (with loans from banks being pulled and credit being terminated) that we couldnt sign a player as he was €5mil more expensive...

Then that would be bewildering.

It seems pretty clear at this point that Gabriel was good to go but Brands went back to renegotiate thinking he could save the club some money on the deal...

From that moment if indecisiveness until now theres been no deal agreed with Lille. For one of our prime targets its pure stupidity for the sake of €5mil if he ends up elsewhere.

It’s pretty clear that there was a global pandemic that we had to be careful of. We aren’t special, a lot of clubs will be doing the same. Unfortunately it’s given time for more interest.
Nothing complex about it

mate
absolutely true. Unless you’re a Man Cirt where money can be pumped to no consequence, al clubshave had to be careful. We have weathltnowner /owners but have hands tied with getting that money in
It’s pretty clear that there was a global pandemic that we had to be careful of. We aren’t special, a lot of clubs will be doing the same. Unfortunately it’s given time for more interest.
Nothing complex about it

It really isnt hard to use credit lines or agree terms with banks/funds to increase cashflow. They arent lending to Everton theyre lending to the beneficial owner (Moshiri).

Clubs with access to cash should be taking advantage now rather than acting negatively. I dont believe it was a smart financial move by brands whatsoever. To me its a penny pinching exercise leveraging a global pandemic to undercut an assets value.

It really is just supply/demand and weve risked the demand increasing the cost.

Schoolboy error.

It really isnt hard to use credit lines or agree terms with banks/funds to increase cashflow. They arent lending to Everton theyre lending to the beneficial owner (Moshiri).

Clubs with access to cash should be taking advantage now rather than acting negatively. I dont believe it was a smart financial move by brands whatsoever. To me its a penny pinching exercise leveraging a global pandemic to undercut an assets value.

It really is just supply/demand and weve risked the demand increasing the cost.

Schoolboy error.

It's all just speculation, If you choose to believe we are flush with cash then fair enough but I cant see how someone can be blamed (anyone, at any club) for being cautious with a GLOBAL PANDEMIC hitting and nobody knowing what is going to happen throughout. Look at Liverpool, they've been penny pinching and signed a left back who was a back up target rather than Jamal Lewis.

Unles you're a City, where you've manipulated the the joke that is FFP, then its gonna hit in some way. Besides its no secret we need to get players off the books before buying, so even if we do have cash like you believe, we still have our hands tied (for now).

Uncle Uzzy just needs to get off his boat (I couldnt spell yaught?) and not become the Uzbeki Overlord that we WANT, but become the Uzbeki Overland that we NEED.

Status
Not open for further replies.